+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hourihane

Do you believe that Jules, about QP.Rangers being that much of a bigger club than us, as big as they obviously think they are ?.

There are some clubs in the championship who have won European Cups , League Championships , FA Cups , League Cups and UEFA Cups and Europa League finalists .

There's some in the PL who have won absolutely nothing and don't even have any real history .

All about the wonga today and size of club and history counts for nowt .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There are some clubs in the championship who have won European Cups , League Championships , FA Cups , League Cups and UEFA Cups and Europa League finalists . There's some in the PL who have won absolutely nothing and don't even have any real history . All about the wonga today and size of club and history counts for nowt .
    I think Bournemouth are the biggest example here of what your saying Animal, and werent they bankrolled to the top because of a rich owner ?. Remember 30 years ago in season 1987-88, I think that was their first ever season in this league (which was the Second Division at the time).

Going back though to what Josh Scowen has said about his new club (QP.Rangers), we shouldnt be surprised really when any player leaves us for another club and kisses their butt. However when they claim they are so much bigger and better than us, and the club are obviously struggling and Ian Holloway is obviously going to be sacked soon.... doesnt this make the point that Scowen hasnt really moved up that much after all. (depending on whether they stay up and if we go down this season!)

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Just back on Hourihane, the bloke was club captain and could have seen the season out but he went to PC who was in Weston Park and terminally ill and told him he wanted to leave . PC asked him to stay but he pushed to leave there and then even though he could have got a bigger and better move at the end of the season and he knew that it would crumble our season .

Just another mercenary footballer no matter what .

I get what you are saying ESR with Hourihane's determination to leave and of course PC's illness , it doesn't paint the greatest picture .

The thing is if Connor had stayed and run his contract down on a sentimental ticket what would have happened if he'd suffered a serious injury , cruciate knee ligament , double fracture of his left leg or even an injury that finished him altogether ?

That's his chance gone and bye bye to a few million quid .

All things need to be factored in .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 21-01-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Yeh get that , just this love in gets on my nerves . Fans clapping him when he scored yesterday was boloxs . Just move on , he did .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Yeh get that , just this love in gets on my nerves . Fans clapping him when he scored yesterday was boloxs . Just move on , he did .
    When some fans heroes play for the opposition it says much about our present team .

Move on indeed .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I think Bournemouth are the biggest example here of what your saying Animal, and werent they bankrolled to the top because of a rich owner ?. Remember 30 years ago in season 1987-88, I think that was their first ever season in this league (which was the Second Division at the time).

Going back though to what Josh Scowen has said about his new club (QP.Rangers), we shouldnt be surprised really when any player leaves us for another club and kisses their butt. However when they claim they are so much bigger and better than us, and the club are obviously struggling and Ian Holloway is obviously going to be sacked soon.... doesnt this make the point that Scowen hasnt really moved up that much after all. (depending on whether they stay up and if we go down this season!)

Saying they are a bigger club etc is all part of the butt kissing scenario
    Would you really expect him to say owt else, like "I've come to a smaller & worse club"

Get real Acido

Could always say nowt I suppose

How many players when we've signed them have said glad to be here at a big club like Barnsley minds you from non or lg 1&2 we are a big club and then we sell and they say exactly the same it's all footballers talk and means sweet F A

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think he's the right to celebrate with his teammates 12 months on from leaving the club .

I'm assuming he didn't run towards the reds fans and slide in front of them giving it the big fist pump which is a different thing .

At the end of the day Villa are under enormous pressure to get promoted and I can understand it when they score a decisive goal , only human nature .
    Agree animal. Don't understand this carp about not celebrating a goal against a former club.

If you score you want to celebrate. It's all a gimmick started by one player and now everybody seems obliged to do the same.

The original thought in the mind of morons.

Do you like that? Deep eh?

I'd have more respect for the one that walks through the door and says "I can't beleive i'm playing here instead of ..................(insert club name) because Barnsley are a much bigger club but then again my pay is a lot bigger as well and that's the main reason I came here! With the promise of first team football a close second, because without playing I won't get noticed, as mark my words if a club comes in and offers me more money i'll be off like a shot up a drainpipe and i'll kiss their badge instead of yours".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12