Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79

Thread: Super Jack Ross

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    St Mirren chairman claiming Sunderland have made no contact with them, he also said they will finish top 4
    Hopefully he's not in the know as much as my tipster.

    ������������

    (Those question marks are money bag emojis)

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Looks like he’s agreed terms with Sunderland. A good place to continue his AFC apprenticeship
    I don’t think he will ever end up as our manager. He will either do a grand job at Sunderland and end up with premiership job or more than likely flatter to deceive and end up sacked.
    I like to be proved wrong Mason but I don’t see nothing more than a one season high from him.

  3. #43
    Ross as manager of AFC would have been a no lose for Mason. If he outperformed McInnes you would be able to see his smugness from the moon. If he had failed it would have been McInnes’ fault.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Ross as manager of AFC would have been a no lose for Mason. If he outperformed McInnes you would be able to see his smugness from the moon. If he had failed it would have been McInnes’ fault.
    If he’d outperformed McInness, none of you lot would’ve cared if i was smug or not. As it is, every single thing I’ve said about Ross has been right, while a lot of you were talking about apprenticeships & handling the step up. I’ll be smug about that

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If he’d outperformed McInness, none of you lot would’ve cared if i was smug or not. As it is, every single thing I’ve said about Ross has been right, while a lot of you were talking about apprenticeships & handling the step up. I’ll be smug about that
    What have you been right about?

    He won the weakest championship in years? That's hardly a crowing achievement. The fact that Dundee Utd and ICT are in free fall also went in his favour. Totally understand that you can only beat what is in front of you and he's done that.

    That said he was sent home with his tail between his legs from Aberdeen with a Scottish Cup hiding.

    I hope he does well at Sunderland but it's a huge club with huge expectations now that they're debt free. I can't see him getting much slack if things don't start well for him.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If he’d outperformed McInness, none of you lot would’ve cared if i was smug or not. As it is, every single thing I’ve said about Ross has been right, while a lot of you were talking about apprenticeships & handling the step up. I’ll be smug about that
    I disagree with you there. You can only be smug if he does a decent job at his new club or the doubters amongst us will be proved correct as such.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    What have you been right about?

    He won the weakest championship in years? That's hardly a crowing achievement. The fact that Dundee Utd and ICT are in free fall also went in his favour. Totally understand that you can only beat what is in front of you and he's done that.

    That said he was sent home with his tail between his legs from Aberdeen with a Scottish Cup hiding.

    I hope he does well at Sunderland but it's a huge club with huge expectations now that they're debt free. I can't see him getting much slack if things don't start well for him.
    Jack Ross and St.Mirren still did well to win that league.
    In fairness to St.Mirren at Pittodrie, everyone expected Aberdeen to win that match. When it was obvious to every man and his dog that the left back was going to hinder his team in that match I found it a bit mental that super Jack Ross still kept him playing that role after half time. That particular player in that match cost him dearly and a stronger manager (or even a more experienced manager) would have made some sort of change when it was evident a traffic cone would have be more sufficient for that role.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    What have you been right about?

    He won the weakest championship in years? That's hardly a crowing achievement. The fact that Dundee Utd and ICT are in free fall also went in his favour. Totally understand that you can only beat what is in front of you and he's done that.

    That said he was sent home with his tail between his legs from Aberdeen with a Scottish Cup hiding.

    I hope he does well at Sunderland but it's a huge club with huge expectations now that they're debt free. I can't see him getting much slack if things don't start well for him.

    Right, get you now. His achievements are pish because Dundee Utd & ICT are were pish. So you’ll agree with me then that our managers are pish too, on account of Rangers being dead, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, ICT, Ronnies Celtic all being in free fall at some point. Glad you’re on board.

    Despite them both being pish, Jack Ross was still being linked with jobs McInness would’ve liked.
    Last edited by Mason89; 24-05-2018 at 07:44 AM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Jack Ross and St.Mirren still did well to win that league.
    In fairness to St.Mirren at Pittodrie, everyone expected Aberdeen to win that match. When it was obvious to every man and his dog that the left back was going to hinder his team in that match I found it a bit mental that super Jack Ross still kept him playing that role after half time. That particular player in that match cost him dearly and a stronger manager (or even a more experienced manager) would have made some sort of change when it was evident a traffic cone would have be more sufficient for that role.

    Aye, because our more experienced manager always subs our left back if he’s having a ‘mare

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I don’t think he will ever end up as our manager. He will either do a grand job at Sunderland and end up with premiership job or more than likely flatter to deceive and end up sacked.
    I like to be proved wrong Mason but I don’t see nothing more than a one season high from him.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he did still end up as our manager, following the same sort of career path as McInnes. There's a fair chance that he'll have a successful first season, gain promotion , but then as often happens , be deemed to be a dud and get the dunt when they start to struggle - (see McInnes, Alex O'Neill)

    It'll all depend on the timing , of course , but if the stars were to align and Ross was out of work whenever the AFC job becomes available again.......

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Aye, because our more experienced manager always subs our left back if he’s having a ‘mare
    Exactly my point.
    You know I give McInnes grief at times (probably a lot) and after witnessing what Ross didn’t do during that match in particular made me think he still has a lot to learn as a footballing manager.
    I have absolutely nothing against him and can only judge what I see , so good luck to the guy anyway at Sunderland. He will need it also.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 24-05-2018 at 12:27 PM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Jack Ross and St.Mirren still did well to win that league.
    In fairness to St.Mirren at Pittodrie, everyone expected Aberdeen to win that match. When it was obvious to every man and his dog that the left back was going to hinder his team in that match I found it a bit mental that super Jack Ross still kept him playing that role after half time. That particular player in that match cost him dearly and a stronger manager (or even a more experienced manager) would have made some sort of change when it was evident a traffic cone would have be more sufficient for that role.
    Do not speak sense please......all day long you focus on weak links, just because our current coach knew about that and the buddie’s manager did not click........Do not for one instance think our current coach is better than Ross.......it was a close game in the end.

    SF

  13. #53
    I think at 3-1 at half time, you’ve got to just hope the LB doesn’t make that much of a c*nt of it in the 2nd half. Changing it defensively isn’t going to get you back in it.

    Anyway, you’re nitpicking the manager of the year in one fixture. Our cup exists we’rent exactly glorious occasions either if you remember
    Last edited by Mason89; 24-05-2018 at 12:48 PM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think at 3-1 at half time, you’ve got to just hope the LB doesn’t make that much of a c*nt of it in the 2nd half. Changing it defensively isn’t going to get you back in it.

    Anyway, you’re nitpicking the manager of the year in one fixture. Our cup exists we’rent exactly glorious occasions either if you remember
    Boom.......trolley dolly, not bad restraint there!.....regardless, our current coach turned down the offer to treble his salary at Sunderland......regardless, he oversaw our team feel the @rse of “the manager of the year” very easily........we all know your disdain of our current coach, that aside, have you genuinely been involved in fitba?
    Just asking like as your opinion of our current coach tends to make your posts absolutely subjective which is a shame when most fitba minded fowk would be more objective, Ach weel 🙂

    SF

  15. #55
    [QUOTE=Jackjarvis;38900454]Boom.......trolley dolly, not bad restraint there!.....regardless, our current coach turned down the offer to treble his salary at Sunderland......regardless, he oversaw our team feel the @rse of “the manager of the year” very easily........we all know your disdain of our current coach, that aside, have you genuinely been involved in fitba?
    Just asking like as your opinion of our current coach tends to make your posts absolutely subjective which is a shame when most fitba minded fowk would be more objective, Ach weel ��

    He doesn't like him personally for reasons he will not reveal !

    If Sky Sports are correct Ross now on £350 k a year at Sunderland. They must have been looking for a cheap option as McInnes would have been offered a far bigger wedge last year. He is on a good bit more than that at Aberdeen I would wager.

  16. #56
    [QUOTE=kigoretrout;38900504]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Boom.......trolley dolly, not bad restraint there!.....regardless, our current coach turned down the offer to treble his salary at Sunderland......regardless, he oversaw our team feel the @rse of “the manager of the year” very easily........we all know your disdain of our current coach, that aside, have you genuinely been involved in fitba?
    Just asking like as your opinion of our current coach tends to make your posts absolutely subjective which is a shame when most fitba minded fowk would be more objective, Ach weel ��

    He doesn't like him personally for reasons he will not reveal !

    If Sky Sports are correct Ross now on £350 k a year at Sunderland. They must have been looking for a cheap option as McInnes would have been offered a far bigger wedge last year. He is on a good bit more than that at Aberdeen I would wager.
    Yeah they’d have to sack mciness after 18 months like the last time he managed down there

  17. #57
    Its funny all the dancing you’re doing around this, rather than just admit I was right.

    Again

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’ll be smug about that
    What is there to be smug about, most of us said he was a good manager and a decent prospect.
    I had him as second choice in my preferred candidates.
    Incidentally, he still has to prove himself at the top level, so even if you were to be smug, its too early

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Just asking like as your opinion of our current coach tends to make your posts absolutely subjective which is a shame when most fitba minded fowk would be more objective...
    There is no point getting a chubby over Mason's views on Our Current Coach™️

    I'd imagine though that 99% of the posts on here are subjective. It's pretty much what being a real football fan is all about.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Right, get you now. His achievements are pish because Dundee Utd & ICT are were pish. So you’ll agree with me then that our managers are pish too, on account of Rangers being dead, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, ICT, Ronnies Celtic all being in free fall at some point. Glad you’re on board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •