+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    St Mirren chairman claiming Sunderland have made no contact with them, he also said they will finish top 4
    Hopefully he's not in the know as much as my tipster.

������������

(Those question marks are money bag emojis)

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Looks like he’s agreed terms with Sunderland. A good place to continue his AFC apprenticeship
    I don’t think he will ever end up as our manager. He will either do a grand job at Sunderland and end up with premiership job or more than likely flatter to deceive and end up sacked.
    I like to be proved wrong Mason but I don’t see nothing more than a one season high from him.

Ross as manager of AFC would have been a no lose for Mason. If he outperformed McInnes you would be able to see his smugness from the moon. If he had failed it would have been McInnes’ fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Ross as manager of AFC would have been a no lose for Mason. If he outperformed McInnes you would be able to see his smugness from the moon. If he had failed it would have been McInnes’ fault.
    If he’d outperformed McInness, none of you lot would’ve cared if i was smug or not. As it is, every single thing I’ve said about Ross has been right, while a lot of you were talking about apprenticeships & handling the step up. I’ll be smug about that

If he’d outperformed McInness, none of you lot would’ve cared if i was smug or not. As it is, every single thing I’ve said about Ross has been right, while a lot of you were talking about apprenticeships & handling the step up. I’ll be smug about that
    What have you been right about?

He won the weakest championship in years? That's hardly a crowing achievement. The fact that Dundee Utd and ICT are in free fall also went in his favour. Totally understand that you can only beat what is in front of you and he's done that.

That said he was sent home with his tail between his legs from Aberdeen with a Scottish Cup hiding.

I hope he does well at Sunderland but it's a huge club with huge expectations now that they're debt free. I can't see him getting much slack if things don't start well for him.

I disagree with you there. You can only be smug if he does a decent job at his new club or the doubters amongst us will be proved correct as such.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

He won the weakest championship in years? That's hardly a crowing achievement. The fact that Dundee Utd and ICT are in free fall also went in his favour. Totally understand that you can only beat what is in front of you and he's done that.

That said he was sent home with his tail between his legs from Aberdeen with a Scottish Cup hiding.

I hope he does well at Sunderland but it's a huge club with huge expectations now that they're debt free. I can't see him getting much slack if things don't start well for him.
    Jack Ross and St.Mirren still did well to win that league.
    In fairness to St.Mirren at Pittodrie, everyone expected Aberdeen to win that match. When it was obvious to every man and his dog that the left back was going to hinder his team in that match I found it a bit mental that super Jack Ross still kept him playing that role after half time. That particular player in that match cost him dearly and a stronger manager (or even a more experienced manager) would have made some sort of change when it was evident a traffic cone would have be more sufficient for that role.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

Right, get you now. His achievements are pish because Dundee Utd & ICT are were pish. So you’ll agree with me then that our managers are pish too, on account of Rangers being dead, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, ICT, Ronnies Celtic all being in free fall at some point. Glad you’re on board.

Despite them both being pish, Jack Ross was still being linked with jobs McInness would’ve liked.
    Last edited by Mason89; 24-05-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Jack Ross and St.Mirren still did well to win that league.
    In fairness to St.Mirren at Pittodrie, everyone expected Aberdeen to win that match. When it was obvious to every man and his dog that the left back was going to hinder his team in that match I found it a bit mental that super Jack Ross still kept him playing that role after half time. That particular player in that match cost him dearly and a stronger manager (or even a more experienced manager) would have made some sort of change when it was evident a traffic cone would have be more sufficient for that role.

Aye, because our more experienced manager always subs our left back if he’s having a ‘mare

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I don’t think he will ever end up as our manager. He will either do a grand job at Sunderland and end up with premiership job or more than likely flatter to deceive and end up sacked.
    I like to be proved wrong Mason but I don’t see nothing more than a one season high from him.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he did still end up as our manager, following the same sort of career path as McInnes. There's a fair chance that he'll have a successful first season, gain promotion , but then as often happens , be deemed to be a dud and get the dunt when they start to struggle - (see McInnes, Alex O'Neill)

It'll all depend on the timing , of course , but if the stars were to align and Ross was out of work whenever the AFC job becomes available again.......

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast