+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Going by the OPs logic Murty will be one of his candidates as hes pumped us twice with a possible hat rick mid week
    McInnes has zero pressure of the link with the Ibrox job this time so hopefully his thoughts and preparation ahead of the game are more professional than the last 2 efforts.
    Absolutely no excuses now...We have the better players and if utilised properly then a victory will be forthcoming. The balance of our team has to be spot on for bigger matches and this is generally where McInnes fails himself.

Ross would still be my first choice to succeed McInnes when time happens and think another couple of years at Saints will only enhance belief that he could do the job here. If body language is anything to go by yesterday, he'd be particularly keen to see if he could walk in the giant footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes has zero pressure of the link with the Ibrox job this time so hopefully his thoughts and preparation ahead of the game are more professional than the last 2 efforts.
    Absolutely no excuses now...We have the better players and if utilised properly then a victory will be forthcoming. The balance of our team has to be spot on for bigger matches and this is generally where McInnes fails himself.
    Do we have the better players though?
    SEVCO players DEFINITELY have a better big game mentality.

I'm sceptical about Ross, nothing to to with yesterday, but I've seen it too many times, a guy has a nice purple patch over a season or so, is touted as the next big thing, gets a job with a bigger club, quickly reveals himself to be just another plausible mediocrity who found himself in a virtuous cycle for a while. I'm not saying that Ross is certain to be another, but there are 10 or 20 of these for every guy who comes close to delivering on the hype. Same thoughts apply to Clark. They still might be the most attractive options if we were looking for a manager, I'm just glad we're not.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Do we have the better players though?
    SEVCO players DEFINITELY have a better big game mentality.
    Yes, I believe we definitely have the better players. I agree we lack the big game mentality though and that is a lot to do with McInnes. He doesn’t show real belief in his players and try’s to overload the team with defensive players to stop the opposition. I also acknowledge that a few players generally go missing in these games or always play dreadful. We know who they are but since our manager keeps playing them then we will always be up against it. Shinnie etc must get the confidence knocked right out of them when they see some of the players around them keep gifting during these matches.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    I'm sceptical about Ross, nothing to to with yesterday, but I've seen it too many times, a guy has a nice purple patch over a season or so, is touted as the next big thing, gets a job with a bigger club, quickly reveals himself to be just another plausible mediocrity who found himself in a virtuous cycle for a while. I'm not saying that Ross is certain to be another, but there are 10 or 20 of these for every guy who comes close to delivering on the hype. Same thoughts apply to Clark. They still might be the most attractive options if we were looking for a manager, I'm just glad we're not.
    Let’s see how good Ross is next season when he is up against us again. I wonder if he will keep playing players who underperform in these matches or does he adapt his team to give it the best chance of getting a result.
    I am not convinced yet by Ross but will certainly keep an eye on how he gets on.

Sounding like he could be heading off to Portman Road and taking on the Ipswich role. ........

Reliably informed via another football manager to get my mortgage on him going to Sunderland. 10/1 on Saturday morning. Now 4/1 and on the BBC gossip column.

Name:  IMG-20180520-WA0035.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  54.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Reliably informed via another football manager to get my mortgage on him going to Sunderland. 10/1 on Saturday morning. Now 4/1 and on the BBC gossip column.

Name:  IMG-20180520-WA0035.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  54.2 KB
    Not as clever as we thought if he takes on that basket case of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Not as clever as we thought if he takes on that basket case of a club.
    Ye think ?
    given what he`s done at Dumbarton then St Mirren , surely he could go to Sunderland for the routine 3 months . Get sacked with a Milliion quid pay-off . and then come back and take Falkirk / dundee Utd / Dunfermline /Partick Thistle / a.n. other into the SPFL " Premier " league. For fun ?

Heck, he could buy a " diddy " team and do that for fun ?

( Sevco should be available for A Poond soon enough ? !! )

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast