+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Notts game?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    The awful thing is I cant remember, I was never interested in football until my mate took me to Notts, the first game was when Jimmy had just become manager, after that, it was a longtime life of love for my team.
    Notts 1 - Chelsea 1 - early 80's.

Don't remember much about the game but sat in the seated area of the County Road which was a bit weird as I thought it was for away fans?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    The awful thing is I cant remember, I was never interested in football until my mate took me to Notts, the first game was when Jimmy had just become manager, after that, it was a longtime life of love for my team.
    It seems we have something in common Soccerman! I had no family affiliations, so only really became interested in football around the age of 15. Due to ****age rebellion / love of the underdog, I went for Notts instead of the dark side, but at that time only on Radio Nottingham reports. When I went to college in 1971, I had a mate who was similarly interested in Forest. We agreed to go to a match at each club, with Notts being the first available home fixture. Once I made my first visit to Meadow Lane, I knew instantly it was my spiritual home. I never fulfilled my part of the deal by visiting the Temple of Sin, because Notts had an away game that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It seems we have something in common Soccerman! I had no family affiliations, so only really became interested in football around the age of 15. Due to ****age rebellion / love of the underdog, I went for Notts instead of the dark side, but at that time only on Radio Nottingham reports. When I went to college in 1971, I had a mate who was similarly interested in Forest. We agreed to go to a match at each club, with Notts being the first available home fixture. Once I made my first visit to Meadow Lane, I knew instantly it was my spiritual home. I never fulfilled my part of the deal by visiting the Temple of Sin, because Notts had an away game that day.
    My mate, who ended up being my best man was a red dog. We used to go every saturday to watch Notts and the reds. For some reason I was attracted to Notts and thank god, I have never looked back, its been my life for almost 50 years and god willing for a few more years yet. There is only one Notts County, its in the blood.

Mine was a 2-1 home defeat to Luton town in April 1999, I have been to 41 home games since and have seen just 2 wins! I think I am a terrible omen, been to a lot more away games as I like to boost the away attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

I think I like you now x

I'd been bugging my dad for years to take me down the Lane, he was a massive sports fan especially when it came to Nottingham. He had been all over the country with Notts , Panthers and even Florist which I wasn't to happy about! He always had Radio Nottingham on ,football, cricket and rugby, but it was Notts that drew me in, the underdog and the real Nottingham football club! Finally on New Year's Eve 1977 me Dad took me down the Lane. Cold day buy decent crowd, 8000plus v Bristol Rovers! 2 nil down at halftime and quite a hostile atmosphere! I was already hooked before Sir Les banged two in and when we were 3-2 up, the chant of Super Notts reverberated around the Lane and that was it!!COYP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastkentpie View Post
    I'd been bugging my dad for years to take me down the Lane, he was a massive sports fan especially when it came to Nottingham. He had been all over the country with Notts , Panthers and even Florist which I wasn't to happy about! He always had Radio Nottingham on ,football, cricket and rugby, but it was Notts that drew me in, the underdog and the real Nottingham football club! Finally on New Year's Eve 1977 me Dad took me down the Lane. Cold day buy decent crowd, 8000plus v Bristol Rovers! 2 nil down at halftime and quite a hostile atmosphere! I was already hooked before Sir Les banged two in and when we were 3-2 up, the chant of Super Notts reverberated around the Lane and that was it!!COYP!!!!!
    Great story East

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Mine was a 2-1 home defeat to Luton town in April 1999, I have been to 41 home games since and have seen just 2 wins! I think I am a terrible omen, been to a lot more away games as I like to boost the away attendance
    Bloody hell,I'm surprised that you can be bothered coming over with a record like that
    I dof my cap to you sir

Charlton at Home (2-0). December ‘75. Still got the old ‘newspaper’ programme !!
    Queens bohemian rhapsody was no.1 😊👍

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    Charlton at Home (2-0). December ‘75. Still got the old ‘newspaper’ programme !!
    Queens bohemian rhapsody was no.1 😊👍

25 March 1891, 3-1 loss to Blackburn Rovers at the oval. Me and 2 other chaps walked there to see the final, on the way, one was arrested for vagrancy and hung the next day and the other was mauled by an escaped lion. Eeeeee burritt wer woth it. We had Hovis wi realllllll butter serry!!! Still got a bit of the rope they used to hang my mate with, as a memento, like.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast