+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And now they get holiday in Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Personally I'd have sent them to Bundoran for a week. They'd never loose another feckin game .
    Lol. Aye they'd play their socks off .....'please don't send me back to that 5hithole'

It is a common and effective way to build squad cohesion and aid recovery whilst maintaining a high training level. Most sides do it these days given the chance.

Personally happy to see them gone off. 10 days focused training with none of the distractions of being in Leeds, in an environment where they body can recover and the focus will be on the team.

Never fails to amaze me how anything the club do can be spun negatively by some just wanting to dig the knife in. Yes they played terribly but you still do what is best for the squad long term.

Think their fitness is bang on, They have played enough times with ten men this season and been the better team when with ten,

I remember in the no too distant past i used to log in on here and look at bottom of the screen to see who was on and have good old fashioned banter, What the f u c k happened to that...

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    It is a common and effective way to build squad cohesion and aid recovery whilst maintaining a high training level. Most sides do it these days given the chance.

Personally happy to see them gone off. 10 days focused training with none of the distractions of being in Leeds, in an environment where they body can recover and the focus will be on the team.

Never fails to amaze me how anything the club do can be spun negatively by some just wanting to dig the knife in. Yes they played terribly but you still do what is best for the squad long term.
    I'll wait for the rejuvenated squad performance with (not so) baited breath.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Think their fitness is bang on, They have played enough times with ten men this season and been the better team when with ten,

I remember in the no too distant past i used to log in on here and look at bottom of the screen to see who was on and have good old fashioned banter, What the f u c k happened to that...
    People like the above poster happened. I remember the days you speak of, could see how many minutes were logged on and slam the sad sacks who had been on for 3/4 hours The good old days when the forum was more about light hearted fun that internet warriors desperate to be right everytime things are going slightly wrong on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    People like the above poster happened. I remember the days you speak of, could see how many minutes were logged on and slam the sad sacks who had been on for 3/4 hours The good old days when the forum was more about light hearted fun that internet warriors desperate to be right everytime things are going slightly wrong on the pitch.
    None of you have to respond to my posts. It won't stop me posting if you ignore me, I don't give a f00k as to how you or others feel about me, but don't try shifting the "blame" for folks ceasing to have "banter" on me (or others like me), thats just a lazy, cowards response. You want banter with Pete, Stifler, Dogcop, etc etc, fill your boots, why should any amount of posts from me affect that? (I suspect that I'd be less tempted to interject, but you never know)

Anyway, you carry on deluding yourself as to why posters leave the forum, I'll rest easy thankyou very much.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    None of you have to respond to my posts. It won't stop me posting if you ignore me, I don't give a f00k as to how you or others feel about me, but don't try shifting the "blame" for folks ceasing to have "banter" on me (or others like me), thats just a lazy, cowards response. You want banter with Pete, Stifler, Dogcop, etc etc, fill your boots, why should any amount of posts from me affect that? (I suspect that I'd be less tempted to interject, but you never know)

Anyway, you carry on deluding yourself as to why posters leave the forum, I'll rest easy thankyou very much.
    Joel, you are bang on with your comments.

Plenty of us stay away due to the tedious, argumentative, childish and negative tosh some post on here, You (in the main) WTF are one of those posters. You are not alone by any means but I felt the need to reply.

It’s a real shame your predominantly negative stance spoils what are some very articulate posts. I accept that you retaliate most of the time but do you stop and think why you have the need to retaliate?

We all have a right to share our opinions in a forum such as this but do you really have to appear such a cnut?

Joel is no coward, all be it he’s grown a pair in the last couple of years and can be as argumentative as the best of us but I’ve no doubt he’s an ardent Leeds fan.

I’m not suggesting you change WTF, it’s who you are, but it doesn’t alter what Joel and I say.

So you managed to make me come out from under my stone due to your post being out of order. I’ll crawl back now and watch intently as it’s all that’s worth doing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

WTF, I am not pointing the finger at anyone, I am merely saying i used to come on here and post nearly every day at one time without it taking over my life, Reasonable debates ect, Obviously people are going to have arguments but it was mainly good banter even Skippy and LUFC 63 used to get good response if not repetative, These days i still look in regular then all i see is what i think is a good debate then only to go on the thread and see everyone falling out, Not exactly Leeds UNITED is it, I will always look in and give my opinion now and then but nothing like i used to because too many posters get personal even though they dont even know each other thats my perogative., I feel it should be we ALL want whats best for Leeds Utd but its quite obvious that thats not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by gupt13 View Post
    joel, you are bang on with your comments.

Plenty of us stay away due to the tedious, argumentative, childish and negative tosh some post on here, you (in the main) wtf are one of those posters. You are not alone by any means but i felt the need to reply.

It’s a real shame your predominantly negative stance spoils what are some very articulate posts. I accept that you retaliate most of the time but do you stop and think why you have the need to retaliate?

We all have a right to share our opinions in a forum such as this but do you really have to appear such a cnut?

Joel is no coward, all be it he’s grown a pair in the last couple of years and can be as argumentative as the best of us but i’ve no doubt he’s an ardent leeds fan.

I’m not suggesting you change wtf, it’s who you are, but it doesn’t alter what joel and i say.

So you managed to make me come out from under my stone due to your post being out of order. I’ll crawl back now and watch intently as it’s all that’s worth doing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    WTF, I am not pointing the finger at anyone, I am merely saying i used to come on here and post nearly every day at one time without it taking over my life, Reasonable debates ect, Obviously people are going to have arguments but it was mainly good banter even Skippy and LUFC 63 used to get good response if not repetative, These days i still look in regular then all i see is what i think is a good debate then only to go on the thread and see everyone falling out, Not exactly Leeds UNITED is it, I will always look in and give my opinion now and then but nothing like i used to because too many posters get personal even though they dont even know each other thats my perogative., I feel it should be we ALL want whats best for Leeds Utd but its quite obvious that thats not the case.
    This is what i've been saying for the last 3 weeks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)