+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: And now they get holiday in Spain

Think its to do with the modern world myself, noone wants to build anything, nowadays people want everything, and it has to be yesterday otherwise everyone throws their toys out of the pram, and lets not forget its the snowflake generation, everyone is right all of the time, and dont you try and tell em otherwise lest you upset their sensibilities. There are only a couple of trophies available each season, and Leeds United have had their momments in the sun, we´ve had our ups and downs as the song says, so why not just enjoy the ride?

My personal opinion is that we have the best squad we have had since the great sell-off, the histeria i can only see as misplaced. We are buying Young players whom given time will grow together. Whilst fully aware that its not the current fashion id like to see TC given 2 seasons to build something, a luxuary both Don Revie, and Alex Ferguson were grateful for im sure.Are we the finished article? no, we win a few, we lose a few, we need a few better players, but we are playing football for the first time in years, and there have been occasions this season that have actually been enjoyable to watch. Some on here have short memories if they think we are poor now. "the Rad" as he seems to be labelled now, is "keeping it real" whilst not going daft outwith fair play rules we are now signing multimillion pound players rather than over the hill has beens for "undisclosed fees" on big money.

Still sniffing around the playoffs. Some on here bang on like we are in the bottom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    Think its to do with the modern world myself, noone wants to build anything, nowadays people want everything, and it has to be yesterday otherwise everyone throws their toys out of the pram, and lets not forget its the snowflake generation, everyone is right all of the time, and dont you try and tell em otherwise lest you upset their sensibilities. There are only a couple of trophies available each season, and Leeds United have had their momments in the sun, we´ve had our ups and downs as the song says, so why not just enjoy the ride?

My personal opinion is that we have the best squad we have had since the great sell-off, the histeria i can only see as misplaced. We are buying Young players whom given time will grow together. Whilst fully aware that its not the current fashion id like to see TC given 2 seasons to build something, a luxuary both Don Revie, and Alex Ferguson were grateful for im sure.Are we the finished article? no, we win a few, we lose a few, we need a few better players, but we are playing football for the first time in years, and there have been occasions this season that have actually been enjoyable to watch. Some on here have short memories if they think we are poor now. "the Rad" as he seems to be labelled now, is "keeping it real" whilst not going daft outwith fair play rules we are now signing multimillion pound players rather than over the hill has beens for "undisclosed fees" on big money.

Still sniffing around the playoffs. Some on here bang on like we are in the bottom 3.
    lol this circular argument is going into its second cycle.

Spot on, Every word, Opinions straight after a game can be raw i know that on this forum from the past.No need to drone on and on and on though eh..

If we are building, WTF was the "top 6 finish this season", all about (you can't have it both ways)?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If we are building, WTF was the "top 6 finish this season", all about (you can't have it both ways)?
    FFS Pal its January, Come back with this in May if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

The two things are not mutually exclusive. The point I took from BB’s post which I fully agree with is that he needs and should get time to build but actually the building so far ain’t half bad as we are sniffing around the play offs.

Why do do some on here look for anything to pick at and criticise rather than politely disagreeing?

been away for a family berievement, so its the first game ive not seen, but its true, if you read all the diferent threads at once, and detach yourself from the emotional side of things its just rediculous, anyone would thing we were bottom of Div2 with only days before going out of business and facing a 50 point deduction!

Is it ok if I blame drinking and posting at the same time for any 'iffy' posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Is it ok if I blame drinking and posting at the same time for any 'iffy' posts
    We noticed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    We noticed!!!
    And whats your excuse..fart face

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)