+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cricket!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Amazing how some intelligent people make such stupid and crass comment about cricket.

Back in the 70's when I was a kid the lads from the local council estates were usually the best players and the mix of kids playing in a match was a broad spectrum.

We'd chalk stumps onto a wall and play with a plank of wood for a bat if we had nothing else.

Such a skilful and technical game as well,no mater how hard I tried I could never get a ball to move one way or another,it's a real art form.
    that's real grass roots stuff Mick...did it myself for hours but I could always get my balls to swing to the off or to the on.

Amazing how some intelligent people make such stupid and crass comment about cricket.

Back in the 70's when I was a kid the lads from the local council estates were usually the best players and the mix of kids playing in a match was a broad spectrum.

We'd chalk stumps onto a wall and play with a plank of wood for a bat if we had nothing else.

Such a skilful and technical game as well,no mater how hard I tried I could never get a ball to move one way or another,it's a real art form.

Get yourself down chaddesley sports fields ( longmore) during the summer plenty of games going on down there with nice club house and bar

If you don’t know where it is turn right down the lane just past the garage on the bromsgrove road it’s about 3/4 mile down there on the right

Cricket is that exciting flocks of Seagulls fall asleep on the pitch during a game, while a Mouse or a Hedgehog coming on cause the cameramen to forget the game and follow that instead.
    Face it, most people only go for a nap and a sun tan.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Cricket is that exciting flocks of Seagulls fall asleep on the pitch during a game, while a Mouse or a Hedgehog coming on cause the cameramen to forget the game and follow that instead.
    I accept some people might find cricket dull Des but I find pipe smoking and taking pictures of the sunset hardly a pulsating pastime.

Like that pointless sport of pigeon flying.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    You will always get the slow games especially on flat tracks but during these games it's possible to have a good time on the lash with buddies or perhaps wine and dine someone of the fairer ***...carefully explaining how she should play with two wide fine legs and a deep gully...play around with a couple of tricky maidens...but don't get caught tickling one round the corner...regular visitors to the cricket pitch are wagtails almost every game last season watching the grandson there was always a little wagtail hopping around.

I accept some people might find cricket dull Des but I find pipe smoking and taking pictures of the sunset hardly a pulsating pastime.

Like that pointless sport of pigeon flying.
    My dad was a cricket nut Mick, to be fair he liked most sports, but mainly football, cricket and boxing and he was decent at all of them when a young bloke, he played for teams and boxed in the army where he was a PT instructor. I shared his love of football and Albion and love to see a good fight, but i could never get into Cricket, despite him taking me and my mate to Edgbaston for the test against the Aussies when i was 13.
    Funnily enough i was quite good at Cricket at school, but then i'm good at a lot of things.

Beautiful sunny day today can almost hear the whack of bat on ball...must go to the shed and get a whiff of linseed oil and get high on life...howzzaatt!!!

Ah those were the days. Spending hours putting the linseed oil on my bat and then putting that whitening stuff on my boots. No body armour in those days just a pair of rubber pimpled gloves, pads that never fitted and a box that smelt like a Turkish brothel!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Ah those were the days. Spending hours putting the linseed oil on my bat and then putting that whitening stuff on my boots. No body armour in those days just a pair of rubber pimpled gloves, pads that never fitted and a box that smelt like a Turkish brothel!
    Blimey, I've always found cricket quite boring but it sounds like you had a whale of a time......... orange in your mouth with a carrot up your @rris and a feather duster lying around for good measure by any chance ?

You weren’t allowed the carrot unless you took 5 wickets or scored a ton!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)