Thought I'd start this as no one else has.

Quite a strange game really. We looked like a totally different side, with three new signings and an unfamiliar shape. Really hard to rate some of the players, particularly the new midfielders, as they didn't really do anything wrong. But collectively they lost the battle in the midfield - something that hasn't happened all season.

Fitzsimmoms 6 - didn't have much change with either of the goals. Anyone notice that he's basically two-footed?
Hunt 6 - some decent touches, but generally off the pace and unable to offer the dynamism that Tootle provides. No idea why he was MotM
Hewitt 6 - he's not a CB, so can't really blame him for getting turned inside for their second goal. Coped fairly well sweeping up aside from that. Really missed him in midfield today.
Brisley 6 - typical battling performance. If he's out for Tuesday, we're screwed.
Jones 8 - some great crosses and link-up play with Grant. Good to see him take on his man and get to the byline. My MotM
Allesandra 5.5 - flatters to deceive. Lots of running but very little end product. A lack of awareness derailed a couple of attacks, and he should have scored in the second half.
Noor 6 - looked comfortable on the ball, always made himself available, but the short-passing approach yielded bugger all. Hoping there's more to come from him, but doesn't look naturally suited to a 4-4-2, which makes it a strange one.
Virtue 6 - quite simply, he looks like a downgrade on Yates. But then pretty much any new signing would be. Again, I hope there's more to come from him.
Noble 7.5 - Used the ball really intelligently and showed great awareness. Pleased he's back, but again not sure he fits into the type of dynamic, direcet 4-4-2 that has been so successful up until now. Good player at this level though.
Grant 6.5 - poor first half but more involved in the second. A couple of half chances.
Stead 6 - battled away, but totally isolated up front in the 4-5-1 system. Took his penalty well.

Ameobi 7 - changed the game when he came on. Needs to start on Tuesday.
Walker 5.5 - seemed to over complicate it on a few occasions, looking for the defence-splitting pass. Offers nothing when the opposition have the ball.
Dicko - not enough time on the pitch really

The 4-5-1 simply didn't work and left Stead totally isolated. We need to revert back to the 4-4-2, but with Hewitt having to cover at CB, we're left with a bunch of midfielders who can't really fit into a four-man midfield. The deficiencies in the squad are there for all to see now.

Unless we get a striker and a centre back, I can see us slipping out of the promotion race. As I said on another thread, with the current squad I think we're more likely to slip out of the playoffs than we are to get automatic. We always said January would be key, and as things stand we are left weaker.

Must win on Tuesday.