+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: if rafa wastes money on a keeper

if rafa wastes money on a keeper

i cannot understand rafas constant chasing of a keeper
    it seems to me that he is wasting time money and resources trying to pluck a keeper from anywhere

are darlow and elliott the worse players in our side

do we really need a keeper as priority over say a striker defensive mid or the never get resolved position of left back

is woody that bad we need 3 keepers fighting for one position

it seems he just wants a keper any keeper he hasnt got any of his first 4-5 choices so why keep wasting time on this position

darlow kept us in the game yesterday

he is clueless

Well we were prepared to let Darlow go in the summer, so yes i can see why Rafa wants a new experienced keeper.

Darlow goes, experienced keeper plays and Elliot on the bench. Then Woodman takes over shortly.

We need a striker much more, i agree with that. However I can see the reason very clearly for a new keeper.

Darlow did well yesterday but we've had numerous complaints about him prior.

But you know all this and you're only making this thread to have a pop at the manager.

Jammy, are you saying that Rafa should never be criticised? Were you one of those who did nothing else but criticise Pardew, Maclaren and Carver? Those 3 got really serious personal abuse. I and some others are entitled to question Rafa's decisions. I never give him any personal abuse as his 3 predecessors suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Well we were prepared to let Darlow go in the summer, so yes i can see why Rafa wants a new experienced keeper.

Darlow goes, experienced keeper plays and Elliot on the bench. Then Woodman takes over shortly.

We need a striker much more, i agree with that. However I can see the reason very clearly for a new keeper.

Darlow did well yesterday but we've had numerous complaints about him prior.

But you know all this and you're only making this thread to have a pop at the manager.
    does he not deserve criticsm then

all our loses are down to the players ??

darlow isnt a worldy keeper
    but neither are those we are being linked too

why ship a player out who isnt the worst in the team wast funds on bringing another average keeper in

seems like rafa logic to me

i dont think ash is the problem with getting players in
    its rafa dawdling on what players are prority

we have two weeks
    we ave two good average keepers

we would love a worldy keeper

but we need two strikers and a left back and someone defensive in the middle

if you asked any toon fan

im sure the last position they would say is priority or indeed needed resolving quickly would be getting in a keeper

we have had numerous complaints about no cover at left back
    no strikers
    no defensive mid
    no back up on the bench

maybe he should waste more of his limited budget on players we dont need

Benitez is a clown of the highest order.
    He's past the point of being praised for anything from me.
    This clown is going to take us down with a whimper.

I

On MOTD Shearer made the point that NUFC's transfer record spend dates back to 2005, £16 m on Owen. That's pretty damning, I agree. That must be an argument for buying quality so if there's more than £16 m to spend this month ( you can always hope ) that points to spending the lot on one player. You can't break the record and buy 3-4 players. Well you could but only if your pot was very much bigger.

Replying to my own post, one of the reasons we haven't broken the record is that we buy too many players and spread our money oo thinly.

Worry ye not, Ashley has told Rafa to spend what it takes to keep NUFC up. Oh and here's the best bit ...... with his OWN money!

Such generosity!

if we bring in a commanding keeper who comes for crosses, then the money won't be wasted.

Darlow and Elliot are both ok keepers, but neither comes out for crosses, which gives us a huge weakness.

Our weakness is spending too much of each game allowing teams to attack us.
    Any keeper in the world would look like an error prone keeper when up against that.

There's nothing wrong with Darlow or Elliot as it stands.
    Rafa needs to concentrate on playing a more balanced team and also stop changing it up in ridiculous amounts because there's no unity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)