+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strikers

Strikers

It sounded like our weakest part of the team yesterday was up front and maybe we need a change like we had in midfield. Clarke has been amazing but has gone off the boil the last 2 games. I think it’s time for a rest and go with the Don and Wilson for the next game. Or even Holmes behind Wilson with the Don coming on second half against tiring defenders. Clarke will come back rested and with extra fire.
    Last edited by Blade for Life; 21-01-2018 at 10:57 AM.

In fairness, strikers scored both our goals so i don’t think it’s that big an issue, but I agree about Clarke needing a rest.

I’d like to see Billy get some game time now even if it’s off the bench, I’m sure he’d like to prove a few people wrong like he always has done, and hopefully Ched will get a game this weekend. We could be spoiled for choice if those two start banging the goals in.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    In fairness, strikers scored both our goals so i don’t think it’s that big an issue, but I agree about Clarke needing a rest.

I’d like to see Billy get some game time now even if it’s off the bench, I’m sure he’d like to prove a few people wrong like he always has done, and hopefully Ched will get a game this weekend. We could be spoiled for choice if those two start banging the goals in.
    I have a feeling that Ched has a big part to play in our remaining games. I think the way CW has managed the injury is perfect and hopefully Ched can deliver.

well if he doesnt go out on loan think billy will play sat maybe even him and ched up top as for leon hes not really been on his game for last 3 weeks personally dont think this captain thing has done him any favours fleck or basham should be captain imo if billy not in

Some people flourish as Captain, some find it weighs heavily on them. Ive always felt goalies and strikers make poorer captains as they aren't as involved as centre halves and midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Some people flourish as Captain, some find it weighs heavily on them. Ive always felt goalies and strikers make poorer captains as they aren't as involved as centre halves and midfielders.
    Agree with that FKB but, last season, giving Sharp the captaincy seemed to work wonders for his confidence and leadership.

I suppose, if you're not even getting on the pitch, that becomes irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Good point FKB, and you can bet that the only thing on Sharp’s and Clarke’s mind right now if they play is where their next goal is coming from. Single mindedness on their own task springs to mind.