+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 10 days to go

10 days to go

Not long to go and it's still that they're monitoring this and that players but nothing happens positive is it players that are available are waiting to see who will pay the biggest wedge? Which in my mind aren't the sort of players we want at this club to help us

The window allows you to bring players in but surely recruitment is a 24/7/365 days a year operation .

The planning in my opinion should be more or less completed on the 31st December , targets identified and agent's and players already in the loop .

Nothing suggests that this is the case down there , we seem to sleep walk into this window almost every season , although players departing the club seems not to be a problem .

How many cooks have an hand in this broth ? , I read an interview last week where our present CE was particularly scathing of our efforts last January and the necessary change was top of his agenda .

I'm not convinced as yet , players leaving and the midfield woefully undercooked , amateurish and brain dead springs to mind .

If the workplace is anything to go by it's animal's experience that the more people involved the less the communication and it seems to take longer for anything to get done .

Let's see what this week brings .

Agree with the above posts but to add balance you have to factor in certain things. Getting players in at this level must be easier when you can offer them a competitive salary. That must be a stumbling block for us which can make negotiations tricky, especially if other parties are interested in our targets. The scourge that are agents will no doubt stall things and hang out for the best deal. There's also the other clubs possibly reluctant to let players go until they've signed replacements. We've made a balls up in that respect which is, i have to say naive and sold our head coach short.

On a positive note we've signed a decent looking striker on a larger contract than what is normal for us and a championship experienced left back. Still 10 days to go and I expect a couple more decent signings in. It's not a major concern or panic stations just yet, that is unless nothing else happens in this coming week. We certainly don't want a Mcburnie situation to feck us up as it did in August

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agree with the above posts but to add balance you have to factor in certain things. Getting players in at this level must be easier when you can offer them a competitive salary. That must be a stumbling block for us which can make negotiations tricky, especially if other parties are interested in our targets. The scourge that are agents will no doubt stall things and hang out for the best deal. There's also the other clubs possibly reluctant to let players go until they've signed replacements. We've made a balls up in that respect which is, i have to say naive and sold our head coach short.

On a positive note we've signed a decent looking striker on a larger contract than what is normal for us and a championship experienced left back. Still 10 days to go and I expect a couple more decent signings in. It's not a major concern or panic stations just yet, that is unless nothing else happens in this coming week. We certainly don't want a Mcburnie situation to feck us up as it did in August
    Good post pass and well balanced .

It's our recent history at this game that troubles me , the ownership may well have changed but the workforce and culture may well remain .

We all know how ***** this window is and it's making me flaky .

We simply have to stay up .