+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Swanson

Danny Swanson

Come home laddie... you know it makes sense.

There was a thread recently where someone mentioned that returning players do not work! And as much as i loved the guy at United, and some of his antics at St Johnstone, i think he is too injury prone and not the type of player we are looking for at the minute.

I have noted mention of Calum Butcher somewhere and from what i remember, he is exactly the type of player we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    There was a thread recently where someone mentioned that returning players do not work! And as much as i loved the guy at United, and some of his antics at St Johnstone, i think he is too injury prone and not the type of player we are looking for at the minute.

I have noted mention of Calum Butcher somewhere and from what i remember, he is exactly the type of player we need.
    Think op mentions DS because of creativity and chipping in with a goal or two. Butcher's an entirely different type of player

Have to replace scott Fraser and Swanson would be ideal... Fraser is our Lewis Morgan and not replacing him could prove the difference come the end of the season.

Fed up hearing that we have to sign hardy journeyman in order to match up with some of our tough tackling, pyhsical opponents. Butcher may run and tackle all day but when you need that little bit of brilliance to win a game where a team sits in for 90 mins id be very surprised if he came up with the goods.

Its a no brainer for me...

Butcher type is just what we need, Swan would be ideal too but never happen

Fyvie and Fraser injuries are so frustrating as we'd be we'll equipped to go on a proper run with them fit

Both would be good, but would the budget stretch that far?

Badly need abit of class in the midfield, if swans available it's a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Think op mentions DS because of creativity and chipping in with a goal or two. Butcher's an entirely different type of player
    Know exactly why the OP mentions wee Danny. However, we already have quite a number of players who are able to play the same role. Sadly this season, the midfielder with a bit of dig is the area where the most damaging injuries have occurred and as it stands just now, we need a credible replacement for Fyvie. Briels might make it back and fill that role, but from what ive heard, he is in the wrong country to be playing through his issues.

So what have you heard?

Can you not only have 1 on loan player from spl????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)