+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Walker

Caolan Lavery Is exactly the kind of player that Notts need !

Curtis Good from Newcastle at CB ,Jay-roy. Brother from Leeds upfront a striker with something to prove just a thought ?

Derby fan at works reckons we are after Mason Bennett on loan, he really rates him but since making his debut at 15 he has picked up a couple of injuries, says his stats are bit misleading as most appearances have been as sub.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We think that we are that good and there is no urgency to sign anyone, Unfortunately at the moment we are a mid table table team and will not get promoted.
    Durham may be a grumpy old sod but on this occasion I fear he may be right unless we make at least 2 good signings before the window closes.

The form table for the last 8 matches puts us in 13th place with just 10 points. We have for some weeks been in a false position mainly due to the fact that everyone else has been losing to each other. The gap is now down to just 2 points with several teams with games in hand over us so it is not inconceivable for us to be sat outside the playoffs in a week or so.

It was clear on Saturday that we need another centre half as we ended the match with a midfielder and a left back in that position. We also need 2 younger strikers. Having said that they probably wouldn't get played (Like Forte) as KN seems to think that the lonesome Stead is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Durham may be a grumpy old sod but on this occasion I fear he may be right unless we make at least 2 good signings before the window closes.

The form table for the last 8 matches puts us in 13th place with just 10 points. We have for some weeks been in a false position mainly due to the fact that everyone else has been losing to each other. The gap is now down to just 2 points with several teams with games in hand over us so it is not inconceivable for us to be sat outside the playoffs in a week or so.

It was clear on Saturday that we need another centre half as we ended the match with a midfielder and a left back in that position. We also need 2 younger strikers. Having said that they probably wouldn't get played (Like Forte) as KN seems to think that the lonesome Stead is the answer.
    Watch out, Kels is going to get you both

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post

To be fair, when Forte has started he hasn't scored so i can see why KN dosn't have much faith in him being the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    To be fair, when Forte has started he hasn't scored so i can see why KN dosn't have much faith in him being the answer.
    I am not saying he is the answer but he does give us a different option as a sub but cannot get on the pitch for some reason. We seem to prefer the lump it forward to Jon Stead method. The method that doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    Personally I think there is more to it than that...Nolo has stated that Forte needed a good "talking to" at the start of the season. Maybe he feels that he does not put in the correct amount of effort or has an attitude problem....maybe it is that he prefers "one for all, all for one" type players rather than individuals with skill....Forte clearly has skill, and has scored some cracking goals....but I do not think he quite fits the Nolo "model"

anything other than a victory tomorrow will see us out of the top 3 by sat evening.

Nolan has done a great job since he has been appointed and managers always make mistakes every now and again.

The worse thing was most fans couldn't believe we started just one striker it should have been Stead and Shola/Forte 4-4-2 has served us well stick with it, first half Saturday reminded me of when Curle/Kiwomya were here tapping it about then you think he will change it at half time that didn't happen as soon as Shola came on Exeter dropped deeper and we looked more of a threat if a 4th goal was to go in it would have been us.

I don't think he will do that against Crawley I reckon it will be a 4-4-2 and we need to win that game the worry is now the lack of fit centre backs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast