+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tyler Walker

Any of us can argue about form tables and make a case for and against its relevance. For me example, the last 8 games that is being used as a barometer, who have we played in those 8 games, Exeter, Lincoln, Swindon, an in form Port Vale, Cambridge were 1 point outside the playoffs, Colchester so actually it is a tad misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Any of us can argue about form tables and make a case for and against its relevance. For me example, the last 8 games that is being used as a barometer, who have we played in those 8 games, Exeter, Lincoln, Swindon, an in form Port Vale, Cambridge were 1 point outside the playoffs, Colchester so actually it is a tad misleading.
    The 8 games weren't picked at random. They are the last 8 games. It is called current form!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Durham may be a grumpy old sod but on this occasion I fear he may be right unless we make at least 2 good signings before the window closes.

The form table for the last 8 matches puts us in 13th place with just 10 points. We have for some weeks been in a false position mainly due to the fact that everyone else has been losing to each other. The gap is now down to just 2 points with several teams with games in hand over us so it is not inconceivable for us to be sat outside the playoffs in a week or so.

It was clear on Saturday that we need another centre half as we ended the match with a midfielder and a left back in that position. We also need 2 younger strikers. Having said that they probably wouldn't get played (Like Forte) as KN seems to think that the lonesome Stead is the answer.
    As I posted on another thread our form has been mid table. I don't think it's cause for alarm, but if we are serious about fighting for an automatic promotion place then we need to start winning consecutive games as teams going for promotion do. We've been in the top three since 9th September (so over 4 months) and it will soon be coming towards the business end of the season.

Because we are not playing in the league on Saturday then for the first time since September our top three place is under threat.

We don't need to worry about what everyone else is doing as long as we can push on and try and chase Luton starting with a win against Crawley on Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    The 8 games weren't picked at random. They are the last 8 games. It is called current form!
    So how far does one go back to decide what is ‘current’ form. Our current form over the last 6 months has us as the 2nd best team in the League. Is that pedantic enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    As I posted on another thread our form has been mid table. I don't think it's cause for alarm, but if we are serious about fighting for an automatic promotion place then we need to start winning consecutive games as teams going for promotion do. We've been in the top three since 9th September (so over 4 months) and it will soon be coming towards the business end of the season.

Because we are not playing in the league on Saturday then for the first time since September our top three place is under threat.

We don't need to worry about what everyone else is doing as long as we can push on and try and chase Luton starting with a win against Crawley on Tuesday night.
    Win on Tuesday then our place In the top 3 is not under threat Saturday as our goal difference is worth a point.

Win on Tuesday then our place In the top 3 is not under threat Saturday as our goal difference is worth a point.
    Win Tuesday we will be 5 points clear only 2 games played in our division tomorrow night

Quote Originally Posted by notts78 View Post
    our current form over the last 6 months

lol
    Last edited by LaughingMagpie; 22-01-2018 at 04:35 PM.

So how far does one go back to decide what is ‘current’ form. Our current form over the last 6 months has us as the 2nd best team in the League. Is that pedantic enough for you?
    I wouldn't class the last 6 months as current.

Maybe you could let the websites who publish current form know this. They seem to mistakenly use just the last six games. This puts Notts 14th and Crawley 6th, btw.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234