Watford got rid of one manager who arrived on the scene in our country about a year ago and I identified as the sort of manager that could do something for our club.

He came to Hull with some amazing stats in his previous job undefeated at home and immediately Hull began to look like their home ground was a fortress. On the flip side away from home they were horrendous. Finally they were beaten at home and despite some brave performances from the team they slipped into the Championship.

I lost a little of my respect for him when he decided not to give Hull a season to get them back up at the first attempt. He had brought in some good players, had some youth and had players they could sell up. It really looked like the had potential to be a force in the Championship.

In the end the call of the top flight was too much for him and Watford is a step, albeit a small one, up. He had them over achieving almost immediately reaching the dizzying heights of top 4. But, as has been the case in his 12 months in this country his highs are high and his lows are rock bottom.

Everton fired Ronald Koeman and showed interest in Silva and Silva saw another stepping stone and "flirted back" according to a Watford official. They lost all essence of a relationship with their manager and his focus may have been affected as Watford have won just 1 of the last 11 games.

This was a manager I would have loved Villa to have replaced Bruce with, but despite his obvious talent as a manager Villa are better off with the old dinosaur.