+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Give Warne a contract NOW.

The club have wasted enough money paying Managers off so Tony needs to keep calm and not rush into things

I know I keep saying autos but Warney needs to learn a lot more for if/when we are back in championship

Warney has created a team with great spirit. OK, they're not the most talented individually, but the 'one for all, all for one'

collective more than compensates. We played some really good football on Sat'day and that's real progress. Good managers are

hard to come by. We have one in the making and he deserves to be rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Warney has created a team with great spirit. OK, they're not the most talented individually, but the 'one for all, all for one'

collective more than compensates. We played some really good football on Sat'day and that's real progress. Good managers are

hard to come by. We have one in the making and he deserves to be rewarded.
    warne is a type of manager i dont think ive ever seen at rufc before.. ive noticed when the players give interviews the wording you normally get is not there. it like everyone has a say in whats going on and everyone talks it through rather then one bloke stood at the front saying do this do that

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep think we need to give Warney a chance I think we will only get better under him as he learns his trade. Not saying he will get us up this year though.

If he does really well with us i predict he will be the next Naarwich manager Mark miwurdz .Then we will all be gutted when he tiddles off and we have to start again from scratch. (Of course , Barnsley might nick him as well, they tend to covet all things RUFC).
    An interesting theory...no sign of Radio DeeDah touting him as next manager of T'Pigs yet though. By the way - whatever happened to Mark Miwurdz? (Saw his live gigs a few times - good fun)
    Additional : Just checked - he's now known as Mark Hurst (not sure if he is related to Paul though)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 21-01-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Yes, let's back him - the signs are encouraging and he and the team show some resilience

Encouraging signs - we've gone from being a team that is likely to concede in the last minute (eg Checkatrade home games), to a team that is likely to score in the last minute (eg yesterday and Blackburn game). Let's hope that it continues. A cheap option, who has already achieved moderate success will be a no-brainer decision for TS for 2018/19 at least, probably longer

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    end of this season

I`m pretty sure I read, he`s on a 12 month rolling contract unless that`s been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by philthefluter View Post
    I`m pretty sure I read, he`s on a 12 month rolling contract unless that`s been changed.
    Update
    Apr 2017 - Rotherham United have at long last named caretaker boss Paul Warne as their new permanent manager on a rolling one-year contract at the New York Stadium. Back in late November Warne became the Millers' third boss of the season, following the casualties of Alan Stubbs (14 games), and then Kenny .

Thanks Phil. My mistake. I thought he was given the job till end of 2017 season then a year extension...

He deserves it.

He fits our profile perfectly, he is getting the maximum out of a squad with limited ability. We dont look like we have any money so Warney is best placed to deliver the best results from what we have.

...Still need a defensive coach

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast