+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In my opinion...

In my opinion...

we don't need another keeper, we don't need full backs on either side (IMO Dummett is good enough, I know others don't think the same), we have enough in the middle of the park and on the wings we just need 2 strikers who will guarantee goals. Sell Mitro (West Brom looking at him apparently £15m) and Gayle (Fulham £13-15m)so £28-30m if we can, and buy another striker with £20m and loan a striker (someone like Ramirez as is being mooted), looking to buy another one in the summer.

We need a quality first choice striker and a good number 10 cam

Whether we buy or loan I don’t care we just need quality and quick

Either of the above,and as slomo say's quickly please..

with the best will in the world the fat controller is not gonna stump up enough cash for a decent striker.

we might still get a striker that is better than what we have, but still won't be enough, we therefore have to have someone who will let in less goals to give us more of a chance of scoring more than they score against us,

our defence isn't brimming with experience - a vastly more experienced keeper can help marshall them too and again stop more of the goals against us.

we need a keeper as much as we need a striker

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    with the best will in the world the fat controller is not gonna stump up enough cash for a decent striker.

we might still get a striker that is better than what we have, but still won't be enough, we therefore have to have someone who will let in less goals to give us more of a chance of scoring more than they score against us,

our defence isn't brimming with experience - a vastly more experienced keeper can help marshall them too and again stop more of the goals against us.

we need a keeper as much as we need a striker
    To be fair though,our gd is pretty decent compared to those around us.I agree a better keeper would be a plus,but surely scoring goals is what will keep us in the prem.So why not address the keeper situation in the summer..Aaaannnd who say's we are looking for a keeper in this window??? I hope I'm right here but I very much doubt we are in for a keeper..

I agree that a striker has to be the priority.

I also agree that a striker should be a number 1 target but every club in the bottom half really is looking for a striker to keep them up, that'll drive the price up even more.

I understand the logic behind an experienced keeper coming in but a striker as number 1 for me.

agree striker is number 1 priority but also think an experienced keeper is also required - but not if they are no better than what we have.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)