+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Warne got the balls.....

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    PW has already brought in Smith and is trying to get another striker on loan.
    Bearing in mind JCH has hardly had any game time when we have been lacking up front, then where will that leave him when another addition arrives
    I would imagine JY will also drop down the pecking order
    Clubs already said as much they are trying to get a striker in at the moment and if they do JCH will possibly move on.

Makes sense really

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Is Millertop JCH agent ��
    I can’t give my identity away Yak

With all the subs allowed these days it's become more of a squad game and good managers know how to make the most of their resources. Although Warney was slow out of the blocks on that, he is definitely improving (taken about a year!)... "Impact forward" is a sort of a new position, although Liverpool were ahead of the game and used David "Supersub" Fairclough in that role many years ago, when few other clubs used that tactic. I'd prefer Yates and JCH in "Impact/Supersub" roles, IF Smith is fully fit (he might not be)

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Paul ...we were woeful in the first half and TBH Portsmouth could have wrapped it up if they had taken their chances .I think we had zero efforts on target first half or did I fall to sleep but second half we were superb apart from a couple of defensive slips Pompey were never in the game.So Paul what have you learned from the game? You need a big lad up front ,playing Yates is a mistake he is never going to be a Lge1 striker .....either JCH or Smith should start with Ball until Proctor is fit .
    At last....someone on the same page as me.

Warne has slowly proved the doubters wrong about his manager credentials and perhaps it might just be the case with his use of Yates,hope so and good luck Jerry whatever role you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    At last....someone on the same page as me.
    Just waiting on a fk buddy m8?
    Owe bless

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Just waiting on a fk buddy m8?
    Owe bless
    Steady on Cayton that’s uncalled for.

I'm going to offer another point of view here and I will start by saying I have never been a big fan of jerry Yates and have times referred to him as an empty shirt.

During this unbeaten 8 game run Yates has started in 7 of them. One of the main criticisms of him is that he runs about like a headless chicken a lot.

Maybe, just maybe this is Warne's overall plan, he then brings on impact players with fresh legs to finish of defenders that are knackered from chasing the youthful Yates about.

The stats point towards this. we have scored goals after the 89th minute 3 times in the last 4 at home. Turning a draw into a win once and defeats into draws twice.

Perhaps Warney knows what he's doing after all. Those that know me know that I have never had much positive to say about Forde either. Easily the best I have seen him play for us was on Saturday.

How many games are we going to win in the last few mins by taking the weak links off? Tomorrow go for it. Play players in there natural positions. Forde on the bench. Wiles on the bench for Yates. Williams on the right, Newell on the left. JCH or Smudger up front with Ball. Got a real chance of going in the top 6, take it.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    How many games are we going to win in the last few mins by taking the weak links off? Tomorrow go for it. Play players in there natural positions. Forde on the bench. Wiles on the bench for Yates. Williams on the right, Newell on the left. JCH or Smudger up front with Ball. Got a real chance of going in the top 6, take it.
    If you judge players on the state of play as you repeatedly tell us, then why drop Forde after a man of the match performance? Or did you think he was rubbish on saturday because you've got it in for him?

Also, I thought Newell was gone and we should get rid?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast