+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Read

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Mr Men books are a cracking read.
    ah - it suddenly all makes perfect sense

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Have you read Soccernomics by Simon Kuper? - Really interesting on how money guides football as against other factors like population, numbers of players, history, etc. Lots of stats about how sides should win, based on various computations. I remember he said (in 2009 when it was published) that Paris St Germain should be the most successful club in the world using all the evidence and algorithms etc. They hadn't won their league for 15 years at the time. Then bought by the Qataris and started winning things every year domestically, if not in the euro comps. Very interesting on national teams' potential for winning stuff too....
    Just finished reading Soccernomics - decent speed read Jez particularly 'Use the Wisdom of Crowds' p43 and how Lyon go about their business..............
    Had the pleasure of visiting their new stadia,like a shopping mall had absolutely everything even seating areas for different types of fans that follow them - a great 'fans' club too with a constant revolving door of managers,players each season but still able to compete in Europe and finish top three each season playing entertaining attacking football.Terrific fan base of all ages from all over France - great template for Rad,Leeds city council & local companies.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Just finished reading Soccernomics - decent speed read Jez particularly 'Use the Wisdom of Crowds' p43 and how Lyon go about their business..............
    Had the pleasure of visiting their new stadia,like a shopping mall had absolutely everything even seating areas for different types of fans that follow them - a great 'fans' club too with a constant revolving door of managers,players each season but still able to compete in Europe and finish top three each season playing entertaining attacking football.Terrific fan base of all ages from all over France - great template for Rad,Leeds city council & local companies.

MOT
    I suggest that AR has read these…and is wise to the Lyon model.
    He’s using the ‘crowd’ in the decision making process about players (DoF, scouting team, analytics, coaches etc).
    We’re scouting for players worldwide now. I reckon that this year’s attempt to buy a number of cheap players in their early twenties (Grot, Cibicki, Ekuban etc) was part of that model…which hasn’t quite gone to plan.
    They’re investing heavily in the Academy…and they’ve put significant effort into relocating players; treating them really well…that was part of what pissed AR off, when he criticised their lack of effort.
    They’ve also reconnected with the Council, with positive discussions about relocating the training facilities close to the stadium.
    And yep…its therefore obvious that AR will also sell any player if a club ‘offers more than the player is worth’…an essential part of the Lyon model; which has netted them 172M!

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    I suggest that AR has read these…and is wise to the Lyon model.
    He’s using the ‘crowd’ in the decision making process about players (DoF, scouting team, analytics, coaches etc).
    We’re scouting for players worldwide now. I reckon that this year’s attempt to buy a number of cheap players in their early twenties (Grot, Cibicki, Ekuban etc) was part of that model…which hasn’t quite gone to plan.
    They’re investing heavily in the Academy…and they’ve put significant effort into relocating players; treating them really well…that was part of what pissed AR off, when he criticised their lack of effort.
    They’ve also reconnected with the Council, with positive discussions about relocating the training facilities close to the stadium.
    And yep…its therefore obvious that AR will also sell any player if a club ‘offers more than the player is worth’…an essential part of the Lyon model; which has netted them 172M!
    Yep I'm sure he has read it Flinty - I'd suspect he'd noted Lyons 20% Holdings of the the club IMG is basically a private equity set up with major Chinese backers clout too,very useful revenue source ............... and key to restructuring any new business strategy particularly football clubs with potential for global venture capitalists.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Yep I'm sure he has read it Flinty - I'd suspect he'd noted Lyons 20% Holdings of the the club IMG is basically a private equity set up with major Chinese backers clout too,very useful revenue source ............... and key to restructuring any new business strategy particularly football clubs with potential for global venture capitalists.
    MOT
    Tin hat on, but the backers of a business don't provide revenue, they provide investment capital and strategic business guidance/direction to the Board (sometimes), it's those who purchase what the business sells which is revenue.

Tin hat ?
    Lyon model started with 'connections' .............

Rad and Baofeng connection has future 'connections' with respect .......... for further finance on provision of EFL confirming Rule 43.1 which Wolves claim to have followed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDG_Ventures

Initial investment for a return of equity is within Rads portfolio,with respect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venture_capital

If you pm me your address I'll forward Soccernomics to you FOC and then let you decide on current principles of Football investment - my comment to Flinty was an economic one and pointing out that Lyon once had a strategic plan which came to frutition of which is now used today as a working model of how things can be done and very well done from a fans working party perspective of which I was part of.
    MOT

Tin hat
    Just read "The Gaffer" by Neil Warnock..

Good read gives a real insight into the difficult juggling an old fashioned manager had to do..

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Tin hat
    Just read "The Gaffer" by Neil Warnock..

Good read gives a real insight into the difficult juggling an old fashioned manager had to do..
    Did you read it in between polishing your new car then Tichi & how's it doing then ?

MOT

In between gluing my tubes to my rims I've just started to read this ........ kindly given to me by an expat Seagull fan showing the way of how to do it without big signings over time after failing in play off final and losing out on goal difference the season after...............before the Promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Tin hat on, but the backers of a business don't provide revenue, they provide investment capital and strategic business guidance/direction to the Board (sometimes), it's those who purchase what the business sells which is revenue.
    Hmmn purchasing stock is not revenue .. sorry be pedantic but is money coming in. the owners and backers of the business are part of the cog that provides conditions to hopefully maximise revenue - MBA 101 ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)