+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jimmy Armfield R.I.P.

Jimmy Armfield R.I.P.

Former Blackpool & England captain Jimmy Armfield has sadly passed away, a one club man with the seasiders.

Sincere condolences to his family.

RIP Jimmy

Condolences to all

Good player and came across as a thoughtful decent man when I heard him being interviewed

I can't remember seeing him play against the Millers , although I may have done as he didn't retire as a player until 1971. He must have been a good player though - 43 England caps. One of the better commentators too.
    RIP
    Last edited by mikemiller; 22-01-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Beat me to it Mike as I was going to say he was a great unbiased commentator.

A great footballing career.

RIP Jimmy.

Blackpool F.C. have announced today that all ticket sales money, for the home game against Charlton Athletic on Saturday, will be
    donated to Trinity Hospice, where Jimmy received compassionate care during his last days of his illness.
    Well done Blackpool F.C.

Just listening to Alan Green on R5L pay tribute to Jimmy. I didn't know him, but I felt like I did. Surely the best

tribute you can pay to a commentator. Amazing that he never felt put out by being left out of the 66 WC winning side.

True gentleman and great football person.

RIP