+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip jimmy armfield

Rip jimmy armfield

Top fella, a bloody good full back and commentator, aged 82.RIP JIMMY.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Top fella, a bloody good full back and commentator, aged 82.RIP JIMMY.UTCB
    Too young to see him play, but greatly enjoyed his commentary and punditry. RIP

Sat with him and his wife for lunch before the Bolton v Watford play off final. A very nice man, softly poken and extremely attentive to his wife.

RIP Jimmy

A good RB and a gentleman. RIP Jimmy

RIP Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    RIP Jimmy
    Enjoyed listening to his distinctive voice for many years, and always respected what he had to say.
    RIP Jimmy

Wonderful summariser on the radio,so knowledgeable,a real gentleman was Jimmy,this is sad news.

First recall him summarising our away game at Boro during the 89/90 season,at a time when it was fashionable to have a go at United,Jimmy was both fair and complimentary about us.

Thanks Jimmy RIP

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Wonderful summariser on the radio,so knowledgeable,a real gentleman was Jimmy,this is sad news.

First recall him summarising our away game at Boro during the 89/90 season,at a time when it was fashionable to have a go at United,Jimmy was both fair and complimentary about us.

Thanks Jimmy RIP
    I don't ever recall Jimmy tryin to be controversial on't radio unlike some of the prats nowadays,a good honest bloke.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I don't ever recall Jimmy tryin to be controversial on't radio unlike some of the prats nowadays,a good honest bloke.UTCB
    Just like with Cyrille Regis,I was very sad hearing this news about Jimmy this afternoon,he was a smashing bloke,there was a great programme on 5live recently about Jimmy,well worth a listen if it's on the Radio Iplayer

r.i.p. jimmy gentleman on and off the pitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast