+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who have we missed most?

Who have we missed most?

We have had a shocking run of injuries in key positions.

Which injury has had the most impact?

Heaton
    Ward
    Brady
    Wood

Remarkably, I don't think we have lost many/any points with Tom being out.

We have missed Ward's driving runs and crosses...but Charlie seems to be growing in to the task.

Brady was (finally) delivering regularly prior to his injury. The team has lost it's spark since he got injured. Has it affected Hendrick?

The goals have dried up since Wood got injured. Barnes has been brilliant but he is not a natural goal scorer.

I would say Brady is missed most (on the form he was in) with Wood closely behind.

Brady. He was starting to run the show.

I saw him at Bournemouth, he looked world class to these tired old Claret & Blue tinted eyes.

If he had not been injured at Leicester we would quite possibly have won that game too.

He had the two up top players performing out of their boots. Hendrick has been a shadow of himself since Brady hit the treatment table.

Get well soon Robbie lad!

Attachment 8228

Lowton - and now he is fit, no idea why we are not starting him. Bardsley has done ok but we have missed Matty’s forward energy.

I do think we have missed Wardy for the same reasons on the other side although I do think that Taylor will be excellent in time.

Good question - I think Brady certainly gave us more prospects - naturally, movement is more fluid, players looking to find the space to receive etc, but he could be lazy and drift off at times. Wood, as much as he hasn't been the big goalscorer we wished - has the threat and more potential than I think Vokes - I'd choose to see him on the pitch with Barnes than Sam....but doesn't agitate the opposition enough.
    Ward is a solid - can't fault him - always gives 100% and capable of something special anywhere on the field.....helps brings life to our game, so as for missed most - for me - Ward it is.

Cheers.

The great news is, that we will have a hell of a good team when they are all fit next season - even if we don't buy anyone else. And we have Lennon now as well.

(Assuming we don't lose anybody!)

I still think we're missing John Deary.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Good question - I think Brady certainly gave us more prospects - naturally, movement is more fluid, players looking to find the space to receive etc, but he could be lazy and drift off at times. Wood, as much as he hasn't been the big goalscorer we wished - has the threat and more potential than I think Vokes - I'd choose to see him on the pitch with Barnes than Sam....but doesn't agitate the opposition enough.
    Ward is a solid - can't fault him - always gives 100% and capable of something special anywhere on the field.....helps brings life to our game, so as for missed most - for me - Ward it is.

Cheers.

YUP

Ward for sure.

Brady is missed but is a tad inconstant.

Wood; Vokes, Barnes--roll the dice on the day.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)