+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: O'Neil says naw

Good to see the main priority for McLeish right now seems to be to get McTominay of Man U to play for us. Born and bred in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Good to see the main priority for McLeish right now seems to be to get McTominay of Man U to play for us. Born and bred in England.
    Yeah I know I was thinking the same.

Does selecting English players from down south not make the whole project brave pointless?

I wiznae really expecting to start supporting Scotland again but this sort of thing confirms my position.

In international games I will support the team with the least Englishmen in it.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yeah I know I was thinking the same.

Does selecting English players from down south not make the whole project brave pointless?
    I don't have an issue if a player wants to play for Scotland because his old man is Scottish but not sure that's the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't have an issue if a player wants to play for Scotland because his old man is Scottish but not sure that's the case here.
    Personally I don't think it falls into that category. By the things I've read even before breaking into the manure first team he has represented England at age level considers himself English and no doubt wants to play for them. So McLeish's pitch has to be. Yer naw getting a game for the Guffs mate not good enough but yil be a stick on fur me. Aye good luck with that!

Don't think he is a worldbeater anyway and we have plenty of other midfielders. If he was a centre half however....

Sorry Aldo didn't read your post properly. Agree with you don't think he has any asperations of playing for Scotland. Maybe in 5 years when as is likely he has been nowhere near the England team.

I heard Marinhio (sp?) say summat about yer man Mctominay playing for Scotland. Is he a second generation granny job or did his Ma and/or Da just emigrate?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Absolutely pointless

According to some of the papers today as well as the young Man Utd midfielder McLeish is hoping to call up Oliver McBurnie and Sam Gallagher,both born in England.

Looks like he is going down the same route as previous managers in picking players from England because they play at a higher level.

That’s worked well for us in the past.

Allan McGregor about to be recalled at 36.

The only thing that changes is the name on the manager's door.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast