+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: O'Neil says naw

Alex 'Gizza Job' McLeish didn't get the hun job so gets this one - old boys network in fine order i see.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    Should have pushed the boat out, and took a gamble on Maradona.
    Probably not a popular one between fans, but I think that guy has passion that Scotland definitely lack
    I would have loved that just for the novelty

Ok, I will go against the trend here. Good luck Eck. An Aberdeen legend with 77 Scottish appearances. A few mistakes in the past, but hands up who has never made a mistake.

The gamble may fail,but I am happier with this than O’neil, Smith, Hughes. And McFadden may be an inspired choice as no. 2. Good luck min.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Ok, I will go against the trend here. Good luck Eck. An Aberdeen legend with 77 Scottish appearances. A few mistakes in the past, but hands up who has never made a mistake.

The gamble may fail,but I am happier with this than O’neil, Smith, Hughes. And McFadden may be an inspired choice as no. 2. Good luck min.
    Aye like i said, its not the worst appointment and at least hes the best of the scottish candidates.

The sfa is a bit of a shambles but hopefully this guy will bring back the hope and passion i used to love seeing at scotland games which you wont find on this site haha.

It honestly used to be phucking magical going to scotland games in the 80s/early 90s.

Heartbreaking of course but I used to love the atmosphere (before the stupid doh a deer song too).

I believe were are into a new era.the days of utter dross being picked are gone now.

I think McLeish has something to prove to himself and the fans and will do a great job.

I see McRae organised Ecks testimonial. Small world

Was hoping McAnus would get the Scotland job and we'd go for Stevie Clarke!

Great player for the Dons.
    Top citizen of the city when he lived here.
    I have it on good authority that he's a decent bloke.

My God he sounded rough on Sportsound last night, I hope he's not past it.

McLeish divides me emotionally.
    Playing legend for the Dons but his post us managerial stuff........left a nasty taste.

I heard all this "Deadco fan as a boy" stuff but he came to us at 15, he was a Dandy for longer than he was a boyhood scummer.
    And his overt, pandering to the lowest common denominator, hunnery (and of course the Portland Club thing was close to home for me) came close to burning a few bridges.

I hope he does OK for the North Brits, nae really fussed one way or t'other.

Quote Originally Posted by J.B View Post
    Was hoping McAnus would get the Scotland job and we'd go for Stevie Clarke!
    Aw naw......there is another one😴

Hopefully big red does okay, not overly fussed as I have not paid to see Scotland since Villa Park 96.

Off topic, most importantly I hope we win today and also in the q/f......could our manager manage to win three on the bounce versus Stevie C?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Aw naw......there is another one��

Hopefully big red does okay, not overly fussed as I have not paid to see Scotland since Villa Park 96.

Off topic, most importantly I hope we win today and also in the q/f......could our manager manage to win three on the bounce versus Stevie C?
    Indeed, as good as Steve Clarke has been for Kilmarnock so far and he certainly has a pedigree as well.
    He has failed to beat our apparent huddy manager.
    It’ll also be interesting to see how long he sticks around at Killie (a team he supported as a boy).
    Contracted for 2 more years, but would Rangers be interested in poaching him at the end of the season to replace Murty

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast