+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaulks to Cardiff

Take the offer and get somebody who can pass to his own man in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Take the offer and get somebody who can pass to his own man in.
    What Player can you get for 500k now days?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Alexis Sanchez - for a week

Somebody like Will Vaulks

We've as much chance of getting 1.5 million for him as we have of getting 300k for Clarke Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Somebody like Will Vaulks

We've as much chance of getting 1.5 million for him as we have of getting 300k for Clarke Harris.
    There’s not a single player good enough who would be bought for 500k in L1. Bradford for example are looking to get 4 million for their striker and if you look at clubs in L2 some of them want a million for their players. Silly I know but that seems to be the current market

There’s not a single player good enough who would be bought for 500k in L1. Bradford for example are looking to get 4 million for their striker and if you look at clubs in L2 some of them want a million for their players. Silly I know but that seems to be the current market
    What people want and what people get are two very different things. Only two players have left a league one club for over a million this season and one of those was Danny Ward to Cardiff in the summer.
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leagu...wettbewerb/GB3

Ricky Holmes went from Charlton to Sheffield United last week for just over 400k and he's a better player than Will Vaulks. (Not having a go at Vaulks by the way)

So where you're getting your 'current market' figures from I don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490
    Warnock keen on Vaulks for £500k...
    Now that would leave us short in midfield.
    Stewart will take the 500k as it will save him splashing out and the 500k can buy two players for the price of one, job done!

I would expect though a generous 20% sell on clause or it goes up to £750,000 if Cardiff gets to the Prem.

Sorry gwru but every player is a saleable asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    What people want and what people get are two very different things. Only two players have left a league one club for over a million this season and one of those was Danny Ward to Cardiff in the summer.
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leagu...wettbewerb/GB3

Ricky Holmes went from Charlton to Sheffield United last week for just over 400k and he's a better player than Will Vaulks. (Not having a go at Vaulks by the way)

So where you're getting your 'current market' figures from I don't know?
    Scroll down to oxford in that link you sent me player went for 2 and a half million, however most players seem to be bought buy a league 1 club on that link are from 250k- 800k according to your own link, which backs what I said what player could you buy with current market to replace a 500k offer

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Stewart will take the 500k as it will save him splashing out and the 500k can buy two players for the price of one, job done!

I would expect though a generous 20% sell on clause or it goes up to £750,000 if Cardiff gets to the Prem.

Sorry gwru but every player is a saleable asset.
    Oh I agree every player has a price however I don’t think gwru is wrong in saying a million would be a more accurate price for such a young talented player. However if we look at that link mas put up for us 800k is more realistic if we are comparing him to others who were sold at start of season however January window tends to increase prices occasionally so I Donno maybe 850k

Vaulks had a few decent games for us last season, but rarely looked like he was a Championship standard player. OK, he may have improved a bit, but the rumour in the OP is difficult to believe. By all accounts he is a very nice lad off the field though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast