+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To all selfish standers

To all selfish standers

I’m sure this doesn’t apply to any posters or here BUT
    If you stood up in Block 2 of James Hargreaves on Saturday, we would like to thank you for spoiling our 15 hour family trip and stopping my wife and 5 grandchildren from seeing much of the game. This action is of course in breach of ground regulations.
    It must be very important that you feel you need to see the game at the expense of fellow fans and let everyone else just see your backside. You must take great pleasure from stopping young children seeing anything.
    Surely the club could do more to help you control your exhibitionist urges ... or make your selfish actions public knowledge

Sorry you had to experience the stand up brigade on your visit OC..One of the reasons I gave up was because it became all seating.. I'm afraid if it was me I'd have been tempted to ask them to sit down and if they didn't I might have been tempted to sit them down myself and at my age it isn't advisable..These people don't give a phook about anybody else but themselves..If any of our posters on here stand up in front of others when there is no need to,then they can go and phook themselves.. W@nkers

Agree with you Colner as I'd just about got Matron round to coming to match's with me after visits to Charlton, Ipswich and Fulham, then we went to Chelsea in the League Cup and she hardly saw anything as everyone was stood up, she couldn't for long because of a back problem, because of that she wont accompany me again, but after having a round trip of nearly all day I'd be well p!ssed off as you obviously are.

I thought the stewards let the away fans in the Cricket end stand, but always jumped on folk in the home end's for standing, indeed actually getting thrown out, have they changed their stance ?

Very sad to read this, however, Block 2 is probably about the worst place to be if you wish to remain seated. I had the misfortune to get a ticket in there a few seasons ago and I resolved never to go in that area again.
    It is just another sad indictment of our modern society where people just do not acknowledge that they are doing things which annoy others --even though, in addition, they are in breach of the regulations. Modern society stinks because it is full of lots of selfish people who do not concern themselves about others ----and I am being charitable with that assessment!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Agree with you Colner as I'd just about got Matron round to coming to match's with me after visits to Charlton, Ipswich and Fulham, then we went to Chelsea in the League Cup and she hardly saw anything as everyone was stood up, she couldn't for long because of a back problem, because of that she wont accompany me again, but after having a round trip of nearly all day I'd be well p!ssed off as you obviously are.

I thought the stewards let the away fans in the Cricket end stand, but always jumped on folk in the home end's for standing, indeed actually getting thrown out, have they changed their stance ?
    Thanks for the support.
    This comes From the horses mouth

the ground safety officer here at Burnley FC, has provided the following ...

"Persistent standing is a problem in most Premier League and Championship clubs. Fans have taken it upon themselves to stand in protest against being forced into all seater stadiums by government legislation following the Hillsborough tragedy.

Each safety officer is tasked with managing persistent standing. Although it breaches ground regulations, the amount of people who want to stand makes it unfeasible and dangerous to send stewards or police into the stands to force people to sit down and then eject those who do not comply. Clubs, including Burnley, have tried and failed. Fans sit down for a minute then stand up once stewards have gone. It's a huge challenge.

At Burnley, it is my responsibility to manage safety. I have listened to the fans and as a result, two areas of the ground are managed for persistent standing - the Ladbrokes stand and blocks 2 and 3 of James Hargreaves Lower. I manage this on a match day by using a large number of stewards to ensure that gangways are kept clear, there isn't overcrowding in each row, drunken antics and behaviour are dealt with by ejection and anyone who appears to want to sit in the middle of the group are accommodated with a seat transfer.

Outside of a match day, I have asked that ticketline and our ticket office staff inform everyone who wants to purchase a ticket in those areas that the fans in that area have a tendency to stand. I have been assured that this is happening. “

I can only say it was not made clear this was a standing area on the website when we booked the tickets and the excuse for allowing it is risible.
    When we could book tickets the only area with 8 seats together was in Block 2 though had we known this was a standing zone we could have taken front row seats and risked getting soaked.

This has nothing to do with fans protesting and all to do with a very few fans being unreasonable. The club and the Premier League could and should stamp it out easily but with this attitude at the top what hope is there. My son attended the Liverpool game at the back of James Hargreaves upper and said fans were standing there too.
    What happened to safe standing seats??

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    My missus is the same Alto, she can't stand for more than 10 minutes so she gave up going to away matches years ago because of the w@nkers who insist on standing. It doesn't bother me, I can stand day all day, but I've giving up going to away matches for different reason, I'm sick and fed up of sitting in traffic jams.

I know it's difficult and not friendly but at Turf Moor you can evoke the stewards into removing the knob heads.

I have passed your complaint on to Harriet Harbridge.

I will let you know her response.

BT
    Thanks but I got that response (see post 5) via her.

I'm not happy with the response you have got and would take it further OC..Id have thought an apology from the club and some complementary tickets in a stand where people sit down , for you,your wife and your five grandchildren for a home match of your choice would have been a much better response from the club ..Especially after the money and time you have put into coming down to watch the game..

#notgoodenoughburnleyfc

Thanks Alf
    To be fair to Harriet she did apologise, before then telling me the response from the ground safety officer. I may go further as I think the officers policy is wrong, though as I said I doubt my wife would go again, she felt very claustrophobic and was upset.
    Some of my grandsons felt the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)