+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To all selfish standers

The apology is not enough, the "EXCUSE" from the Ground safety officer contradicts itself and is total codswallop.

You have spent very good money on being "Seated" at Burnley Football Club for a venue of theirs, they have not fulfilled their obligation, and the nonsense in their response contradicts Safety Standards, I'd push this further Colner, if at odds with this at least see the Citizens advice for further clarity.

This is a very important thread. If it is deemed unsafe for stewards to take action during the course of the game ( I can understand why) then should a record be taken of the row and seat numbers of persistent offenders? Can this not be cross checked with ticket office records of those who purchased those seats and warning letters issued?

I do appreciate the support very much. My aim was to let these people see what their actions can do, though I know there are some fanatical standers.
    I was also hoping the club might decide to take these folk on, establish safe standing seats and then stop anyone standing anywhere else.
    Remember the protests over no smoking but now minds are set not to do it. I’m sure if they stood firm gave out anti standing messages and posted photos of offenders then this will stop.

Also I don’t think the club should sell any child seats in seated areas apparently opaquely sanctioned as standing zones.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    This is a very important thread. If it is deemed unsafe for stewards to take action during the course of the game ( I can understand why) then should a record be taken of the row and seat numbers of persistent offenders? Can this not be cross checked with ticket office records of those who purchased those seats and warning letters issued?
    Thanks outwood. I don’t think anyone near us was of a violent nature. It may be custom for everyone in the know to stand and most were before the start, then everyone stood to cheer the teams out, it’s just that no one then sat down so it would be difficult to spot the leaders. The club could say something like “Ladies and Gents please now kindly take your seats to let everyone especially children behind you see the game.”
    I do wonder if there isn’t an HSE issue here and one for the local authority over Ground regulations.

Regulation 13 EFL Ground Regulations is very clear except what is the difference between standing and persistent standing?

Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the Ground.

Reg 25 allows for filming offenders
    All ticket holders agree that the Matches for which the tickets have been purchased are public, and that their appearance and actions inside and in the perimeter of the Ground where a Match occurs are public in nature, and that they shall have no expectation of privacy with regard to their actions or conduct at Matches

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/efl-d...fl---final.pdf
    Last edited by oldcolner; 22-01-2018 at 11:23 PM.

This is the Standers argument. It’s not illegal and allowed below div 2 etc.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe...s-of-standing/

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I'm not happy with the response you have got and would take it further OC..Id have thought an apology from the club and some complementary tickets in a stand where people sit down , for you,your wife and your five grandchildren for a home match of your choice would have been a much better response from the club ..Especially after the money and time you have put into coming down to watch the game..

#notgoodenoughburnleyfc
    am of the same opinion - and nothing less will cut it !

I know this doesn't make it right OC, but it happens at every ground.

Mrs 59-60 was a season ticket holder at Old Trafford (Stretford End) for many years.

During their glory years the Stretford End stood at practically every match.

Result? My wife couldn't see the matches and reluctantly she gave up her season ticket.

She now actually prefers to go to Turf Moor. Nearer the action, not as corporate and she can actually SEE the matches.

A couple of times we have had to stand through the games and she had very limited visibility (Cricket Field End and JHL) so we now avoid these areas.

I totally understand your frustration - making such a long journey with so many people - but Burnley is no worse than any other ground in the Prem for this.

Next time try the Jimmy Mac stand.

I realise this is not what you want to hear, but there are more appropriate places for you and the clan to watch the game from.

Hi OC. I have been taking two of my granddaughters to home games since they were three years old and I think it is right they should be able to have a good view of the games. Yes there are times in the game when most fans stand eg applauding the teams on to the pitch but there is no excuse in my view for persistent standing in seated areas. I would be in favour of a return to limited secure standing areas separate from the seated areas. I do believe a measured approach regarding this issue is called for and I think warning letters followed by a ban if not heeded would be one approach to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Hi OC. I have been taking two of my granddaughters to home games since they were three years old and I think it is right they should be able to have a good view of the games. Yes there are times in the game when most fans stand eg applauding the teams on to the pitch but there is no excuse in my view for persistent standing in seated areas. I would be in favour of a return to limited secure standing areas separate from the seated areas. I do believe a measured approach regarding this issue is called for and I think warning letters followed by a ban if not heeded would be one approach to the problem.
    all the standers can go in a corner of the ground and stand to their hearts content-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)