+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: £20 million striker

SSN now claiming we are in talks with Leicester about Slimani.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    You might have to wait a while, he's asking too much for the club which is why he still owns it.
    he'll be on his knees lapping at shaveleys balloon knot to buy the club if his "we cant compete with" attitude gets us the 3rd relegation trophy(do you get to keep if you win it 3 times)....it will be worse than his Sky tears...f'uck he may even have to lower himself to the level of wilfs ar'se licking the mackems on safcmad to get 250 million

If we're not willing to pay the asking price for the strikers we're trying to buy, I think that under the circumstances (pretty much nailed on relegation in the absence of a goalscorer) then we should go and make an offer to loan Sturridge. I know other, bigger, European clubs are in for him, but if it's a loan then he gets to play in the league in which he's most likely to convince Southgate that he deserves a World Cup spot. At the end of the season he can go wherever he likes. I'd rather us spend £5m-£8m on a loan fee for someone we know can do it in the PL than £15m-£20m on an unproven overseas striker. Sturridge is someone we know has the quality to create a goal from nothing too, which is required a lot of the time under Rafa's style of football, so to me he's the perfect fit. I'd also be interested in bringing Andy Carroll back, but his injury record doesn't show any sign of improvement.

We're not in a position to take risks on unproven players, so we should spend whatever it takes to land someone we know has goals in them at PL level.

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    he'll be on his knees lapping at shaveleys balloon knot to buy the club if his "we cant compete with" attitude gets us the 3rd relegation trophy(do you get to keep if you win it 3 times)....it will be worse than his Sky tears...f'uck he may even have to lower himself to the level of wilfs ar'se licking the mackems on safcmad to get 250 million

Google fat c0ckney b*stard

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    If we're not willing to pay the asking price for the strikers we're trying to buy, I think that under the circumstances (pretty much nailed on relegation in the absence of a goalscorer) then we should go and make an offer to loan Sturridge. I know other, bigger, European clubs are in for him, but if it's a loan then he gets to play in the league in which he's most likely to convince Southgate that he deserves a World Cup spot. At the end of the season he can go wherever he likes. I'd rather us spend £5m-£8m on a loan fee for someone we know can do it in the PL than £15m-£20m on an unproven overseas striker. Sturridge is someone we know has the quality to create a goal from nothing too, which is required a lot of the time under Rafa's style of football, so to me he's the perfect fit. I'd also be interested in bringing Andy Carroll back, but his injury record doesn't show any sign of improvement.

We're not in a position to take risks on unproven players, so we should spend whatever it takes to land someone we know has goals in them at PL level.
    Carrolls injury record you say,mmmm Sturridge has imaginary injuries according to his manager.Why the f uc k would we try to loan him even for ten bob?We are only allowed two remember, from the prem..

Got to agree with Andy. Go for Sturridge on loan, a proven product. Chronicle on-line shows list of hits and misses bought from the Dutch league. Three of the misses were by north east clubs. I can't help asking the obvious question: 'If Jorgensen is so good why aren't other clubs after him?'

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    Got to agree with Andy. Go for Sturridge on loan, a proven product. Chronicle on-line shows list of hits and misses bought from the Dutch league. Three of the misses were by north east clubs. I can't help asking the obvious question: 'If Jorgensen is so good why aren't other clubs after him?'
    Wilf give it up ffs,this is becoming tiresome.....

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Carrolls injury record you say,mmmm Sturridge has imaginary injuries according to his manager.Why the f uc k would we try to loan him even for ten bob?We are only allowed two remember, from the prem..
    For the reason I gave - he has every (self-interested) reason to want to move somewhere he can play every week, in his position of choice, to the best of his ability, in order to get into the world cup squad. I'm not saying go out and buy him because he's the kind of player you build a club around, because he clearly isn't. He's a short-term solution to a massive problem we have right now. And the suggestion is conditional on us not going out and buying a top class striker. I wouldn't loan Sturridge if the club have any intention of going out and buying a proven PL striker, but it doesn't look like we're operating in that market.

Sturridge's 'imaginary injuries' all started when he spat his dummy out at being playing out of position in a front 3. It doesn't matter to me if he doesn't want to play on the wing for us, because I don't want him to play on the wing for us either. The fact is, he's a top class striker, and bringing in a top class striker is a tried and tested method of keeping yourself in the PL - see Sunderland, Jermain Defoe.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)