+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rashford or Martial

Rashford or Martial

Man Utd now have Sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku and the two younguns. I wonder if we have thought about trying to get one on loan?. Both have prem experience and especially Rashford would guarantee goals. It would be better than gambling on that lad from Feyenoord. Remember Luuk De Jong who also scored loads in the Dutch league?

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonbob View Post
    Man Utd now have Sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku and the two younguns. I wonder if we have thought about trying to get one on loan?. Both have prem experience and especially Rashford would guarantee goals. It would be better than gambling on that lad from Feyenoord. Remember Luuk De Jong who also scored loads in the Dutch league?
    Sadly, I think your worries about this Danish lad are well-founded. The list of strikers who've done well in the Dutch league and succeeded in the Prem is a lot shorter than the list of those who've flopped. We've had two of them ourselves.

I do think our best bet is to push the boat out for a loan of an experienced Premier League striker but, no...we leave it 'til the last week of the window to look for an untried-in-this-league forward from a league where the transition to this league is notoriously patchy. Aye, classic Ashley.

(not to say he won't be a success but the way we go about our business is appalling)

Agreed.

Nice idea bob but i really can't see either of them coming her for a relegation battle, at best htey might go to someone like Everton who are challenging for a European spot - despite current position but even then really not convinced they would.

Martial is having a good time at Man Utd right now, and the fans of that club absolutely adore Rashford and think he's the next Giggsy.

No chance any of them would come here as things stand, even with Sanchez coming in.

Jørgensen is a gamble, but I'm telling you he's better than what we've got.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)