+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: U23’s: Ipswich v United

U23’s: Ipswich v United

Comfortable 2-0 win. Pleased to see them play like the 1st team with high pressing. Should have been out of sight by half time. Gave the ball away too much in the 2nd half, but overall, a good result. Hallam and Smith the scorers.
    And I have to say that our number 9 looked a bit elderly for an under 23!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Comfortable 2-0 win. Pleased to see them play like the 1st team with high pressing. Should have been out of sight by half time. Gave the ball away too much in the 2nd half, but overall, a good result. Hallam and Smith the scorers.
    And I have to say that our number 9 looked a bit elderly for an under 23!
    It's been covered on the Ched to Bolton thread Ronaldo.I thought the lads defended well and young Regan looks a player to me as i've stated before ya may recall.Did ya watch it on Ipswish's facebook page? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    It's been covered on the Ched to Bolton thread Ronaldo.I thought the lads defended well and young Regan looks a player to me as i've stated before ya may recall.Did ya watch it on Ipswish's facebook page? UTCB
    i did rodders, there were quite a few pigs watching as well. ched getting there. first half did well,as soon as ched went of the goal threat went. but we were still comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Sorry Rod. I hadn’t read that thread as I assumed it was yet more “fake news” - and life (especially when you get to my age) is much too short to waste on such foolishness.
    And yes, I did watch it on the Ipswich FB feed - not brilliant, but better than nowt.

do you think it will be billy and ched up top sat ronnie ? or will it be billy and james wilson with ched on bench

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    i did rodders, there were quite a few pigs watching as well. ched getting there. first half did well,as soon as ched went of the goal threat went. but we were still comfy.
    Why would pigs be interested in watching our U23's?

Desperate to see us lose, whichever one of our teams are playing I suppose.

Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    do you think it will be billy and ched up top sat ronnie ? or will it be billy and james wilson with ched on bench
    I have no idea SOB. On tonight’s showing, I personally wouldn’t select Ched as I don’t think he is anywhere near ready, but he was subbed after about 60 minutes so that may be the plan. Certainly, one suspects that Billy is a cert to start, but with whom, I don’t know. I’m happy to leave that to CW and if the past is anything to go by, trying to second guess his team selections is difficult at best.
    I love the Cup so, who ever starts and, despite the Tuesday game with Villa, I hope he has one or two game changers on the bench, in case of need.