+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A few messages for Patrick Cryne from players and Clubs

A few messages for Patrick Cryne from players and Clubs

Peter Ramage
    RIP Mr Cryne. A man who’s passion and knowledge was inspiring. He cared about every little detail of BarnsleyFC and will greatly missed. My thoughts and condolences are with his family... 💔

Andy Yiadom
    A great man that played a massive role in me coming to Barnsley Football Club. He saw the potential in me which had such a positive effect on my life & I will be forever grateful. Patrick will be truly missed by so many.

Luke Steele
    Sending my love and condolences to Mr Crynes family and friends. Also to the whole of Barnsley Football Club I am deeply saddened with the recent news xx

BBC Sport
    Awful news.
    RIP Patrick Clyne.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends.

Ashley Fletcher
    Devastating News. My thoughts are with his family and BarnsleyFC at this difficult time. RIP 🙏🏾

Aston Villa
    RIP Patrick, a great servant to not only Barnsley Football Club but football as a whole.
    From everyone at AVFC

Lee Johnson
    Such a sad day. Such a wonderful man and friend. Thank you for everything you taught me from the day we met. RIP Patrick 🙏

Wigan Athletic
    A great man. Our thoughts here at Wigan Athletic are with everyone associated with Barnsley Football Club and, most importantly, Patrick's wife Jean and son James.

Northampton Town
    Our condolences to everyone at BarnsleyFC following the sad passing of Patrick Cryne:

Paul Reid
    Gutted to hear the news about BarnsleyFC owner Patrick Cryne. He was always very good with me and made me feel welcome whenever I returned. RIP Chairman

Rochdale and Keith Hill
    Everyone at Rochdale Football Club is saddened to learn of the passing of Mr Cryne.
    On behalf of everyone at the club, Keith Hill would like to offer his sincerest condolences to Patrick's family, and has issued a few words.

Marc Roberts
    So sad to hear this news! What a great man! Thoughts are with patricks family, he will be sadly missed!

Conor Hourihane
    So sad to hear this news. Grew very close to Patrick over the years. What a fantastic man. He will be very sadly missed!! Thank you for everything...

Leeds Utd
    The thoughts of everyone at LUFC are with the friends and family of former BarnsleyFC owner Patrick Cryne FootballFamily

Jak McCourt
    RIP patrick, my thoughts are with crynes family and friends

Marley Watkins
    Thoughts and prayers with the Cryne family. RIP Patrick.

Adam Davies
    Deeply saddened to hear this news, he will be truly missed! My thoughts are with Patrick'sfamily. Rest in peace..

Gauthier Ganaye
    There is only one Patrick CRYNE 🔴

Angus MacDonald
    Saddened by the news over night.. Thoughts go out to a true legend❤️🙌🏽

Bradford City
    A sad day for football, we'd also like to send our condolences to BarnsleyFC, as well as the family and friends of Patrick Cryne - the club's former owner who has sadly passed away.
    RIP Patrick Cryne

Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Club
    Our sincere condolences to all at barnsley fc and of course the family and friends of Patrick Cryne. A true football man. SWFC

Derby County
    The thoughts of everyone at DCFC are with the family of former Barnsley owner, Patrick Cryne.

Athersley Rec FC
    R.I.P Patrick Cryne. A true barnsley legend.our thoughts go out to all his family and everyone at BarnsleyFC

Patrick drove me nuts at times , frustration isn't the word , I've had the same frustrations with everyone whose ever ran this club and I guess that says more about me than them .

Patrick was always careful with how he ran the club , sometimes he needed to be more ambitious but that's easy to say when it's not your money on the line and your responsibility if things go wrong .

The club were always in safe hands with Patrick , we would never have ended up like some other clubs have , if Patrick had lived for 200 years then you can bet the club would still be playing league football and getting by under his ownership .

We had some rough times , relegation in 2014 and found it difficult in the championship and at times in league one .

He gave managers a good go but wasn't afraid to make the change if he thought it was necessary , more often than not he got it right and prolonged our championship status for another season .

We've had two promotions , at the millennium stadium , wembley , an FA cup semi final and won the Football League Trophy , it's not bad at all in just 14 years when you think about it .

Patrick and myself were connected by the supporting the same club but we were two different people , absolutely nothing in common other than sharing the same football team .

However , I did think to myself the day he fired Linton Brown for selling Winnall to wendy , " good on ya Patrick " and I did smile to myself , Patrick clearly got it as only a proper red would , I'd have done exactly the same thing too .

For all my frustration and banging my head against the wall with Patrick Cryne there I am today absolutely saddened by his passing , proper gutted I am , like the cantankerous old bleeder you've worked with for years on end , called him all the names under the sun and when he suddenly passes away you'd give your right arm to have one last ding dong with the old git .

The man's left his mark on this club and you can't knock that , the good , the bad and sometimes the ugly , but that's life isn't it , unfortunately none of us get out alive but 66 years of age is far too young to be leaving this earth .

Patrick Cryne , rest in peace fella .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 23-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.

My sentiments exactly Animal well said. Think you've done it justice mate.

Yes - many of my thoughts and feelings expressed here by Animal.
    I also didn't understand Patrick and why he did certain things - and especially surrounding players contracts.
    And I think the problem was simply this - he just didn't have enough money to compete in the Championship.

But as much as he annoyed me at times - I always admired and respected him.
    And I'm feeling like I've lost a relative right now.
    Just wish I could have known him better.

Expressed very well Animal.
    RIP Patrick

Did he fire Linton Brown ? If so good on him

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Did he fire Linton Brown ? If so good on him

As Winnall was signing for wendy Linton was clearing out his desk within a few hours .

It did seem more than a coincidence , selling our top striker to a play rival one point above us in the table and our arch rivals to boot .

I believe Patrick at the time was away from the club and very ill .

Trying to be careful what I say but you have to wonder what the relationship was between Brown , Winnall and his agent , maybe , maybe not if you catch my meaning .