+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morton at home

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    You've got to admit it is taking a dim view of things Stoke.
    Here's my take -
    Only TWICE out of nearly THIRTY games over two seasons have Dundee United supporters left Tannadice Park with the taste of defeat.
    It might be a dim view but it's a fact and there was no need for such a scathing and defensive response. My point is that while we do have a good home record, in over a third of our starts in 28 we have failed to win, and a win is what we need v Morton.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    It might be a dim view but it's a fact and there was no need for such a scathing and defensive response. My point is that while we do have a good home record, in over a third of our starts in 28 we have failed to win, and a win is what we need v Morton.
    Scathing?? I couldn't have been kinder!

It's simple Stoke, to view it that way is deluded and unrealistic why expectations, as we are and have been no great shakes, yet have only won 19 and lost just 2 from the 28 games, the only time we looked like we could win every home game since we have been down was the Nov/Dec period before Fyvie and Fraser injuries, e have been very unlucky with these injuries and it may prove to be the main reason we don't finish first

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's simple Stoke, to view it that way is deluded and unrealistic why expectations, as we are and have been no great shakes, yet have only won 19 and lost just 2 from the 28 games, the only time we looked like we could win every home game since we have been down was the Nov/Dec period before Fyvie and Fraser injuries, e have been very unlucky with these injuries and it may prove to be the main reason we don't finish first
    It's simple to you

Look all I did was turn your statistics the other way round and you're chucking your toys out.

I used your own stats and you call me deluded and unrealistic, aye ok. These stats show that in more than a third of our home games we've failed to win, I don't think thats being disrespectful or negative it's just fact.

By the way our great so called home record you keep going on about is in the Championship.

It's you that is getting touchy Stoke, I said it's a deluded and unrealistic view, didn't particularly call you those things

Nor did i say it was great, however given we are no great shakes, even at this level to only lose 2 out of 28 is impressive and twisting it into "not won 9 of them" doesn't make it any less so

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's you that is getting touchy Stoke, I said it's a deluded and unrealistic view, didn't particularly call you those things

Nor did i say it was great, however given we are no great shakes, even at this level to only lose 2 out of 28 is impressive and twisting it into "not won 9 of them" doesn't make it any less so
    Not touchy, just disappointed you feel the need to call a fellow arab deluded and unrealistic when using stats that you yourself posted.

But I should expect that from you I suppose because you do seem to get a bit abusive when anyone questions your opinions.

If we had that home record in the top division it would be different. But these games include the likes of Dumbarton and Brechin.
    Yes of course the previous manager and the bad injuries have played a large part, but if you put stats on a messageboard then you shouldn't get upset when the interpretation of your own facts doesn't suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Scathing?? I couldn't have been kinder!
    I was meaning Shedka's first reply to me Smed

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Not touchy, just disappointed you feel the need to call a fellow arab deluded and unrealistic when using stats that you yourself posted.

But I should expect that from you I suppose because you do seem to get a bit abusive when anyone questions your opinions.

If we had that home record in the top division it would be different. But these games include the likes of Dumbarton and Brechin.
    Yes of course the previous manager and the bad injuries have played a large part, but if you put stats on a messageboard then you shouldn't get upset when the interpretation of your own facts doesn't suit you.
    Agree re Shedka getting abusive when anyone questions his opinions, the nick he got in about EVERONES asinine response to his suggestion we should get Aiden Connolly back....... Aiden fkn Connolly

I love this thread ��

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)