+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swansea pushing for Yiadom

Swansea pushing for Yiadom

Ghana defender Andy Yiadom is among three transfer targets by struggling English Premier League side Swansea City.

According to reports, the Swans are making a £1.5m bid for the versatile Barnsley right-back.

Club chairman Huw Jenkins has put in the offer after hearing that the Championship side had offered a new deal to the defender.

Swans tried for Yiadom in the summer but he was sidelined with a back problem. Now they want to complete a move quickly.

They hope to sign the 26-year-old this week.

Yiadom’s international teammate Andre Ayew has been linked with a return to the Liberty Stadium.

The Sun also says Nicolas Gaitan is still on the Swansea radar but they are being quoted different deals.

They would take the Argentinian midfielder on loan but Atletico are looking for a £20m sale.

Think we can assume he's on his way sooner rather than later .

Let him go. We have cover and possibly better with 30 months left on his contract. Bored of hearing about it now

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle07 View Post
    Let him go. We have cover and possibly better with 30 months left on his contract. Bored of hearing about it now

But not for £1.5 million

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    But not for £1.5 million
    Over a barrel here exile yet again , a very good full back at this level on his day but we seem to be able to get next to nowt for some of our players because of this , that and the other .

Only thing I can say is that he cost us nowt other than 18 months wages which is a profit if only a small one .

Why are we over a barrel Animal?

Why are we over a barrel Animal?

I think with the team of last season breaking up so quickly and players leaving for better wages and bigger club's apparently it most definitely contributed to him wanting away and having some of that action himself , the come and get me Sky interview was an indication of that , not great to see either but I did partially understand him .

Money and ambition I guess are at work here , we could have offered him a bumper pay rise last season and a contract extension , we could have done that with MacDonald too but look how he's performed this season .

We could let him run his deal down and we end up with nothing at all , yes we keep him here but who is to say he will give it all he's got with a likely bumper pay deal on the horizon in the summer .

Best scenario for me is that we accept the best offer on the table and hope it's not detrimental to our season and he's not missed .

I’d take £1.5m for him and move on

Don't see it that way
    He's played about the same number of games as Mawson did for us mostly in L1 with only a handful at Championship level before Swansea paid £5 million
    I think opinions are being swayed on his value by his antics
    He's still got 18 months left on his contract
    We should ask at least £4 million as it's obvious Swansea want him as they keep coming back & we shouldn't sell cheap & we now don't need Mc Burnie do we

Don't see it that way
    He's played about the same number of games as Mawson did for us mostly in L1 with only a handful at Championship level before Swansea paid £5 million
    I think opinions are being swayed on his value by his antics
    He's still got 18 months left on his contract
    We should ask at least £4 million as it's obvious Swansea want him as they keep coming back & we shouldn't sell cheap & we now don't need Mc Burnie do we
    He's six months left Exile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast