+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: League Match 22: Queens v Brechin

League Match 22: Queens v Brechin

Andrew Dallas is the match official on Saturday in Dumfries.

Looking forward to this match, - but Queens will need to show the same level of commitment that they did against Partick.

Incidentally, the weather forecast is for a wet and miserable day, - so before the doom-mongers raise the matter, - there will be a very poor crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Looking forward to this match, - but Queens will need to show the same level of commitment that they did against Partick.

Incidentally, the weather forecast is for a wet and miserable day, - so before the doom-mongers raise the matter, - there will be a very poor crowd.

The weather has never put me off from attending any game. It’s just another sad pathetic excuse for some

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    The weather has never put me off from attending any game. It’s just another sad pathetic excuse for some
    Well said arrol1919 What an absolute poignant excuse. This is the time for real Queens fans to unite together and turn up in force to support our club. Who cares aboot the bloody weather when Queens are playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Well said arrol1919 What an absolute poignant excuse. This is the time for real Queens fans to unite together and turn up in force to support our club. Who cares aboot the bloody weather when Queens are playing!

weather wont be an issue for most ,apart from a few really old timers maybe ,il be there as usual ,the weather defo isnt the reason the crowds would be down tho in general ,after listening to the majority of fans that were standing around where i was and most of them were what we would consider die hard fans who have been attending for longer than iv been on this planet ,the word from them was after the partick game thay were all saying there goodbys too eachother saying well thats another season finished il maybe see yous for the playoffs if we get there or itl be start of the new season ,now all of these fans that were saying that are defo regular attendees at palmy thats a big worry hearing that .

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Well said pal. Unfortunately it's these stay at home fans that are going to see us part time sooner or later. To be honest , I can barely bring myself to talk to these folk and that includes ex fans at work. They just piss me off big time. They might still see themselves as ' fans' but I don't . Club is desperately crying out for more through the gates and being let down.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 25-01-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Onto the game. After the dissapointent of the cup result, I started feeling a bit more enthused about everything Qos . The team worked their socks off with no reward and we couldnt have asked any more from them, bar the elusive goal obviously . Looking forward to seeing if Ferguson can score again. A big strong boy, he could be the man to hold the ball further up the park for us and be good foil for Dobbie. Great to see Fordyce back as well. Let's get the 3 points and see where we are sitting come Saturday night.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 25-01-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Let's get Lyle back in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Well said pal. Unfortunately it's these stay at home fans that are going to see us part time sooner or later. To be honest , I can barely bring myself to talk to these folk and that includes ex fans at work. They just piss me off big time. They might still see themselves as ' fans' but I don't . Club is desperately crying out for more through the gates and being let down.
    Well said JR. I took the piss out of Queens and some of their fans for years just to get a response from certain posters. However never once have I denied being a Queens fan and never will I. Going part time really scares me and something I hope does not happen any time soon. If I could be there more often I would, but I do contribute in other ways financially which does help a wee bit. I'll say one thing though, get yersels oot o' the hoose and cheer on the Queens!

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Onto the game. After the dissapointent of the cup result, I started feeling a bit more enthused about everything Qos . The team worked their socks off with no reward and we couldnt have asked any more from them, bar the elusive goal obviously . Looking forward to seeing if Ferguson can score again. A big strong boy, he could be the man to hold the ball further up the park for us and be good foil for Dobbie. Great to see Fordyce back as well. Let's get the 3 points and see where we are sitting come Saturday night.
    Good positive post JR as there were quite a few plus points to take away from the Thistle game. Fordyce returning was certainly one although he looked far from match fit as though he had been rushed back but hopefully a further week of training will have him sharp for the Brechin game. Ferguson was a revelation and his performance will have done him wonders but hopefully will have competition from a fit again Lyle if he has recovered physically as well as mentally. We will need a fully focused Del Boy for the remainder of the season. Carmichael must also be close to a return and with Marshall and Jacobs also due back mid
    to late February, with a bit of luck, this will be a real boost to the squad. Everything to play for the remainder of the season. Mon the South.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)