+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phil Neville

Phil Neville

Has taken over the Englands Womens football team.

Great news! We'll have to watch him do interviews ont telly again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Has taken over the Englands Womens football team.

Great news! We'll have to watch him do interviews ont telly again!!!!
    Yeah answering harassment charges, they are already demanding his sister or cousin becomes his assistant and she’s a volley ball coach

Already in trouble for a tweet he made in 2012

When will people learn not to apologise to the Twitter hate mob?

It only gives them power they don't warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    When will people learn not to apologise to the Twitter hate mob?

It only gives them power they don't warrant.
    'Power they don't warrant?'

How about back in July 2011....a long time ago I know but to put

'Relax I'm chilled- just battered the Wife!!! Feel better now! is only asking for warranted feedback.

He kept it on his account thinking it was okay then realised he's got the job so closes his account....classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'Power they don't warrant?'

How about back in July 2011....a long time ago I know but to put

'Relax I'm chilled- just battered the Wife!!! Feel better now! is only asking for warranted feedback.

He kept it on his account thinking it was okay then realised he's got the job so closes his account....classic!
    If you apologise to them they will keep on demanding apologies from everyone else, forever, pitchforks at the ready.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    If you apologise to them they will keep on demanding apologies from everyone else, forever, pitchforks at the ready.

This is what that freeloading, unelected, politically correct organisation Kick It Out had to say:-

“Kick It Out have serious concerns over a recruitment process that has resulted in the appointment of someone with no record of management of experience in women’s football,” CEO Roison Wood’s statement read.

“In light of recent action taken in response to historical social media comments made by current football participants, the question must now be asked – will The FA be charging Neville for posting discriminatory comments on social media?”

Yeah let’s have some kicking out........starting with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    This is what that freeloading, unelected, politically correct organisation Kick It Out had to say:-

“Kick It Out have serious concerns over a recruitment process that has resulted in the appointment of someone with no record of management of experience in women’s football,” CEO Roison Wood’s statement read.

“In light of recent action taken in response to historical social media comments made by current football participants, the question must now be asked – will The FA be charging Neville for posting discriminatory comments on social media?”

How can you charge someone for doing something years before he took the job they wouldn’t have a legal leg to stand on

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

The world's gone mad.Correction: a very small percentage of the world that always seem to get a platform to spout "their way" has gone mad.PC at its worst again.

I've made many similar comments to those made by Neville, in relation to a number of "non-pc" topics with some close mates, usually in the pub. I like ironic humour where both/all parties KNOW and UNDERSTAND that you're joking and don't really think that way.

I don't repeat such utterances on social media as I know that some family and friends will be offended by it - they have a very different sense of humour - and I simply don't want to either offend people directly or unintentionally have them believe that I really mean those ironically intended humorous views. So I choose not to say such things on social media.

I think I personally totally get the humour intended by Neville's statement - and appreciate the comedy. However, my wife has read the same statement and is horrified by it. Like most women, she is very sensitive to expressions on domestic violence as it has affected many women's lives in one way or another, and I don't think I can judge, or certainly nt impose my view on how women (and other men for that matter) should respond to Neville's (or any other similar 'ironic') tweets.

So I find it hard to figure out:

1. Why Neville, particularly as a public figure, would want to put such humour out into the public domain
    2. Why anyone would be shocked or outraged that making such statements might conflict with getting a high profile work position of any kind, let alone managing a bloody WOMEN'S FOOTBALL TEAM!!

Same with Toby Young, Jared O'Mara et all - we need to bloomin' grow up and accept that if we want to make controversial comments on social media, then there may be implications for your career further down the line! That's not down to goody goody liberals, it's just that many people in the general public will be rightfully offended by it and therefore not want such people in the public positions.

It's really not rocket science! Grow up!