+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Crawley Town 23/01/18

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. If there was a real desire to strengthen the squad, and bloody push on, it would have been done early. Never mind all the claptrap about waiting for players/agents/or whatever.
    No me neither my advice to him would be say nothing until a deal is done seen it all before with Ray.

What can we do just have to hope we can dig out a few results at least we can’t get relegated !

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. If there was a real desire to strengthen the squad, and bloody push on, it would have been done early. Never mind all the claptrap about waiting for players/agents/or whatever.
    Thought we didn't wait for players that couldn't make their mind up,so we are now contradicting ourselves as well.
    Can see another midfielder coming in to be honest.We have lost the steel in that area.

There was a lot of naughty play off the ball from both teams.
    With about half hour to go Virtue gave a free kick in the corner, ref said 1 more... Nolan takes off both other centre midfielders!
    A number of balls in the air where Crawley players were never looking at the ball and just jumping in to players, no free kicks given.
    Players got involved with the ref and the crowd got involved and this manifested in to massive frustration which culminated in some shocking decisions by referee and players alike.
    Poor poor night. 😦😦

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Thought we didn't wait for players that couldn't make their mind up,so we are now contradicting ourselves as well.
    Can see another midfielder coming in to be honest.We have lost the steel in that area.
    Then that’s bad management as we knew we needed someone to replace Yates so we sign a flair player in Husin and someone who is average at best in Noble.

We all know we need pace up front and a CB will we get them?

Boasting about gates is all well and good but enjoy it as if we don’t make signings and we start slipping fans will just not bother and that is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    No me neither my advice to him would be say nothing until a deal is done seen it all before with Ray.

What can we do just have to hope we can dig out a few results at least we can’t get relegated !
    We are in a cracking position to get promoted.so lets not blow it.Never mind the talk of we are in a better position than last season.We are up there,push on.If we blow it,don't come out with the consolidation crap for this season because next could be completely different again.

Never left a game so angry in my life.

Ref lost control of the game and gave some joke decisions. Virtues 1st booking came from a brilliant tackle, no complaints about his 2nd though, fitzso's red came from a corner that should have been a goal kick. Stupid kick out at the lad though.

Nolan got it wrong tactically, why change a system which works? Virtue should have been subbed after his last warning.

Players seem to play in little patches but can't do it for 90 minutes. We are wasting too many chances, every game. With all due respect, we should have battered Crawley and been out of sight in the 1st 10 minutes. Then we stopped playing until about 5 minutes before the penalty.

We need a striker and a CB or this season will dissolve into nothingness. We can't throw away a good 1st half of the season, this is our best chance of getting out of this league.

Oh dear keV just interviewed, was defensive, sounded so devastated thought he was going to burst into tears.blamed refs for last 2 defeats.this is time ah needs to stop boasting and actually sign some decent talent to help keV out

The lack of strength in depth has caught up with us, I think. Brisley has to play even if he isn’t 100%, and Shola hasn’t managed 90 minutes for a while. Meanwhile, we’re asking Stead to play up front alone three times a week.

It’s clearly been a big blow to lose Yates and the replacements look a bit too raw to make the immediate step-up we were looking for.

Big week ahead which will determine whether we turn this bad run around or slip down to mid-table. Strong, pacy centre forward; strong, pacy centre half - and reversion to 4-4-2. We also need Grant to contribute more.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Oh dear keV just interviewed, was defensive, sounded so devastated thought he was going to burst into tears.blamed refs for last 2 defeats.this is time ah needs to stop boasting and actually sign some decent talent to help keV out
    Although he was right in what he was saying in terms of Fitzsimmons. He didn't defend his actions. It was him who lost us the point. A draw would have been an okay result and wouldn't have ruffled as many feathers. It's the first time we have had back to back defeats all season. If we don't go up this year it's still been mostly positive. I've really enjoyed it all.

I think we're likely to end up scraping a play off spot, which I'm more than happy with. Building slowly is something we've lacked at Notts for years. We're a proper yoyo team which shows that we've gone up too early in most cases.

Yes he sounded very angry when asked about his 4 5 1 and playing 1 up front at home
    He said " I manage this club and dont need to defend my decisions. I find this criticism astounding"
    Very prickly interview

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast