+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradford City Post Match Thoughts

Bradford City Post Match Thoughts

Had to work today. Anything interesting happen tonight?

Tonight was better than Saturday and I thought Saturday was the best we'd totally dominated. We were like a cat playing with it's prey.
    The defence were strong and then anything that went through it Rodac was there. The midfied 4 were excellent especially Towell and all the forruds who played wanted it and played well.
    Not a bad player on the pitch tonight for us! I've never seen us dominate a Bradford team like that before.

Just a great night to watch the Millers!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Had to work today. Anything interesting happen tonight?
    Couldn't get to the match tonight, but followed it on Millersmad and RUFC Official Twitter, also looked at match stats... looks like a comfortable victory. In fact, given our number of shots at goal, we should have got more than two really. My worries about the fitness of Smith and Towell turned out to be unjustified - great result and sounds like great performance too. Very pleased that Smith has made a good start to his Millers career - made a goal v Portsmouth, debut goal tonight and made assisted for another one. Let's hope that he can keep it up.

I'm buzzing.

Great game today can’t believe Jono didn’t score at end (ok I can)

Good game

Wave upon wave after the second goal. What a performance they didn't know what had hit em. My only grumble we should have had more goals but hey I wont be greedy. Well done lads. MOM for me was Towell. He was all over the pitch like a little terrier. They really had no answer to us in the second half. On this showing could we dare to believe we may go up?

Its now imperative we get cover for central midfield because Vaulks and Towell ran the show today. If they get knacked so will we be.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 23-01-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Great game today can’t believe Jono didn’t score at end (ok I can)

Good game
    You could see he was absolutely gutted. But overall a deserved win. Kept going at em, even after second goal, which also shows fitness is paying off at this level.

Absolutely superb. Massive credit to Warne for how fit the team looked on Saturday and tonight. Every player giving it everything, closing down the opposition, hunting in packs etc right up until the final whistle. Dare we say that fitness-nut Warne's methods are paying dividends? Bradford and Pompey looked absolutely shattered.

The fears about midfield looked groundless tonight. We looked totally dominant in the middle of the park.

Warne has also used his subs superbly in our last two matches. Every sub had an impact.

Fast tempo to the start to the game and initially I though Bratfud were a tad quicker to the first ball. We settled down and eventually began to take the game to them. Smith should have scored at ease but headed straight at the keeper but he's a little rusty so hopefully that will improve.

Thought Towell and Vaulkes dominated the midfield and Towell's energy was awesome. Vaulkes has probably heard about the rumours in the press about him so as expected raised his game 20%. Goal from Smith seemed to calm the nerves all round. Half time and happy.

Second half we dominated it more than the Pompey game. Wave after wave of attacks and ALL the players were up for it, no letting Bartfud off the battering they got. Solid tackles, hunting in packs never let them get going in any dept. Great unity throughout the side tonight.

Second goal and game over but we were relentless in still wanting to score more. Our defence was immense and Emmanual deservedly got the MOTM but my choice was Towell for his relentless energy, tackles and all round performance.

Happy to go home having seen a well entertaining game.

Message to Tony Stewart. Fix Paul Warne up quick before HE'S poached by another Chairman. Rolling contracts aren't as good as a two/three year one.
    Last edited by Brin; 23-01-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Dont worry somebody will come on with a moan and nit picking.Keep it going it was great to watch,totally dominated the game,score very flattering to Bradford.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast