+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jason Lowe

Jason Lowe

Strongly rumoured to be negotiating a release from Birmingham, enabling him to re sign for Rovers..

Now I'm not one of these fans who saw nothing but negative in Jason's game, but he is such a divisive figure, I feel he's better off elsewhere. Certain fans feel so strongly nothing but bad about Jason, it could undo the positivity generated by our ongoing good results and improving form.

Please leave this one well alone Mr Mowbray.

I agree on the move would be a bad one
    Also could see that despite his poor passing selection he did the dirty stuff well but we have moved away from the past and now have a brighter future.
    It's a big no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I agree on the move would be a bad one
    Also could see that despite his poor passing selection he did the dirty stuff well but we have moved away from the past and now have a brighter future.
    It's a big no from me.

My initial reaction was the same. After thinking on it a bit, if TM see's a role for him, a specific role, then I'd be inclined to trust him. If we can get his wages down, he is a much better option than Evans, that's for sure. If we went up, he may be a better option than Smallwood? Regardless of my feelings about him, he has got lots of Champ and Prem experience, despite his faults. He'd have to take a healthy drop in wages to come back. Lets see ......

My first thought was he’s desperate to come back and be part of/involved in the ‘revival’ an he’s prepared to take a major cut in his salary to try to make it happen.
    Then another thought came about where, just maybe there’s a swap deal being discussed for Evans to move on in other direction ???

As said though, would his return have an effect upon the newly found cohesion existing among our re energised squad? But more than that the response from the (more than a few) supporters who seem to ‘have it in for him’!

I personally don't think we should approach a player who was dealt with so negatively during his time here
    He is no better than Smallwood that is for sure so would he settle for a place on the bench and would he take that much of a cut in wages just to wait for injuries or suspensions to get his chance?
    A very average player who would just offer experience and nothing more
    We have Conway,whittingham and mulgrew for that.

This is one rumour I find it hard to credit.
    Bennett has recently demonstrated he can do well in that two-man holding pattern Mowbray favours. Evans is almost fit again, and TM has a lot more time for him than the fans do. In addition, we have Travis, Hardcastle, Mols and Grayson who have filled that role for the Under-23s, and Mowbray was clearly impressed by Travis when he stepped up.
    Going further, we will soon have Lenihan back in contention, which means choosing two out of three for centre-back from him, Mulgrew and Downing. Now all three have played as defensive midfielders at various point of their careers, so that would be another option.
    Finally, Lowe was shipped out very quickly last time. He was always a 100% player, but he had little vision for a pass, and often seemed over-cautious.
    What does all this mean? Well, football throws up so many surprises, it probably means Lowe will be with us by the end of the week!!
    I really can't see the need, though. An attacking central midfielder as a permanent signing (like this Rothwell) makes much more sense to me, as you can't guarantee that loan-players (like Payne, Armstrong, Chapman and Antonsson) will be there in the long run.

Oh!...and I forgot to say, Mowbray was quoted as being happy with the squad now, even if there are no more January signings. Would Lowe even get any game-time, except in the case of a spate of injuries? Perhaps when Smallwood gets suspended - but otherwise?
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 24-01-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)