+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    never seen the board so busy
    Spot on. Miserable lot we are.

4-5-1 is going to be the formation from here on out..if a midfielder with bite isn't found soon. Yates is a massive loss..the energy and commitment can't be replaced..even with an extra body in midfield. If KN had played 4-4-2 in the last 2 games..the score line would have been heavier than 2-1 that's for certain.

We've a few days to find a CB..CM..CF..it got pulled out of the bag at the 11th hour last January. Hopefully it happens again..over to you Mr Hardy.

Virtue looked better in a 442, noble when fully fit and hewitt play 442, Husin is the problem and what did Hawkridge do wrong?

Virtue's not up to it Marsh. If he was..he'd have gone higher up the pyramid.

As for Husin..was and still..puzzled by this signing.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    4-5-1 is going to be the formation from here on out..if a midfielder with bite isn't found soon. Yates is a massive loss..the energy and commitment can't be replaced..even with an extra body in midfield. If KN had played 4-4-2 in the last 2 games..the score line would have been heavier than 2-1 that's for certain.

We've a few days to find a CB..CM..CF..it got pulled out of the bag at the 11th hour last January. Hopefully it happens again..over to you Mr Hardy.
    Rubbish when we played 4-4-2 against Exeter we won the second half 1-0 and last night it was 1-1 in second half so I dont know where you are getting we would have lost by more i'm not having that we are playing average league two sides not Real Madrid.

As for Virtue not being good enough well he certainly looked good to me against Lincoln alongside Hewitt this change has probably caused confusion to the players.

I agree with the players we need to sign we have no reason to worry Hardy said we'd have a better squad at the end of the window than we started it with

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Rubbish when we played 4-4-2 against Exeter we won the second half 1-0 and last night it was 1-1 in second half so I dont know where you are getting we would have lost by more i'm not having that we are playing average league two sides not Real Madrid.

As for Virtue not being good enough well he certainly looked good to me against Lincoln alongside Hewitt this change has probably caused confusion to the players.

I agree with the players we need to sign we have no reason to worry Hardy said we'd have a better squad at the end of the window than we started it with

The fact is KN isn't starting a 442..because there is a obvious lack of faith in whicheve central 2 man pairing..he'd still be going 442 otherwise.
    I always thought switching to a more offensive formation to get back into a game or win a game was common practice.

Virtue's not up to it Marsh. If he was..he'd have gone higher up the pyramid.
    By this logic Yates, Grant, Grealish and McGregor would never have played for us.

If when a team switches from a disadvantaged position..then has more possession and looks more threatening needs explaining to you..you need to start understanding what your watching.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    By this logic Yates, Grant, Grealish and McGregor would never have played for us.
    For the 4 listed you get 10 not so good..that's loans. i don't think Virtue will go into their company..hopefully he proves me wrong.

The fact is KN isn't starting a 442..because there is a obvious lack of faith in whicheve central 2 man pairing..he'd still be going 442 otherwise.
    I always thought switching to a more offensive formation to get back into a game or win a game was common practice.
    Why he had no problem with it at Lincoln we lost the midfield that day when Virtue went off and Noble came on.

What is common practice is a manager usually sticks with a formation that has been working all season and doesn't change the whole shape of his team around one player eg Yates.

If Shola isn't fit enough for 90 mins thats fair enough he has Forte and Saunders (remind me the point of signing him again?!)

If he carries on like this at home we will keep dropping points and fans will stay away that is the reality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast