+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promotion - You're having a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I agree with Delroy I think Shola is quality at this level his hold up play is second to none and he causes panic every time the ball goes into the box if he played all season he'd probably get 10-12 goals but if you have a 15-20 man next to him (Grant and Stead) you will do well (which so far we are doing)

The problem we have is getting him on the pitch.
    Nolo said in his interview last night that Shola was fit to play a full 90 mins. If you insist on playing 1 up top, I'd tend to pick Shola. At least he can hold and distribute the ball.

... well I thought we'd solved the CB problem with our centre back putting in a Beckenbaur-esque performance in the first half. Then I realised he was the Duffer who resorted to type in the second half; and was rescued, yet again, by the first class Hewitt.
    Hardy and Nolan may have begun to believe the hubris of their own success being entirely down to them. Well it's not so, Mr H and Mr N. Whilst we have witnessed some really excellent performances, time and again, good fortune/luck has come to our aid and for many the euphoria of being second in the Fourth Division can be understood. However, the stark truth of AH/KN not dealing with the CB and CF problems is coming home to roost. If we do nothing we'll end up mid-table. Also, 4-5-1, as we know, doesn't work - has it ever - for us. The 4th Div requires a certain level of physical toughness, which we don't have, especially with two new kids in mid-field who may have good skills but are light-weight both physically and probably mentally at this stage of their development. Crawley bullied us and we had no answers; never mind the ref. Set backs are a test, so will Mr H and Mr N resolve the problem ... we're watching with interest and hope for the positive reaction. COYP.

Premiership standard changing rooms won’t get Notts promoted !
    Posh executive suites won’t get Notts promoted !
    Investment in new players will get Notts promoted !

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Nolo said in his interview last night that Shola was fit to play a full 90 mins.
    No he didn't, he was asked "Can Shola play for more than 30 minutes?" and replied with "Yeah" but was clearly annoyed by the question and it sounded more like a "probably" than a yeah he's fit as a fiddle.

Whether he HAS been fit enough to play more than he has done over the last couple of games is a different question though and I see no reason as to why Nolan would keep someone he clearly gets on very well with and one of our better players on the bench just for the sake of it, if he was fit enough to play for longer he would have done imo.

If Shola can only play say 45mins wouldn't it be better for him to play the first 45 to try and get a lead, rather than the last 45 having to chase a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    This team won't finish in the top three
    This team won't finish in the playoffs

It's been clear all season that we need more that old men playing upfront. We have been living off Grants goals and Yates looking like a Premiership midfielder breaking up the opposition and then not giving possession back.

I agree with others that our spine is a problem. We have a few days to turn the season around by bringing in two good un's.

Without these additions the season will have promised much but end in a dismal failure.
    Phew thanks Jonny! I was beginning to wonder if the wheels had come off until I read your post confirming we're going to be OK!

Johnny is right - it's all starting to unravel unfortunately. And to be this close at this time - who in their right mind would throw such a chance at promotion away by not doubling down?

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    And to be this close at this time - who in their right mind would throw such a chance at promotion away by not doubling down?
    Well with a week still to go in the transfer window...who has?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-01-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    No he didn't, he was asked "Can Shola play for more than 30 minutes?" and replied with "Yeah" but was clearly annoyed by the question and it sounded more like a "probably" than a yeah he's fit as a fiddle.
    He needs to stop getting annoyed by questions. SAF and Jose have stormed out of press conferences, but they've won something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    He needs to stop getting annoyed by questions. SAF and Jose have stormed out of press conferences, but they've won something.
    Nolan already thinks he's there as he can comment on video refereeing. Good luck to him we just want a result in the league to get us back on track and who cares about Swansfail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12