+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Will Phil Neville survive as manager of England women?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Serious in answer to your question I find those postcards saucy fun, I could even see why you'd like benny hill cause of the fact generations usually prefer the comedy of their time. I personally think it's pervy but that's cause I'm from a different era. How can you compare a drawing or a comedy show with actresses complicit in the sketch to touching women in their private parts without their consent. I just can't get my head around the fact you think it's ok to go to a function and do that. Whether it's blown out of proportion or not doesn't make it right.
    Fair answer Crazy and logical ..... no hard feelings !

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Oh you are a piece of work, aren't you, Beechy? Tracked this down in the Grauniad. It is an opinion piece and in no way represents the paper's own POV.
    However, wrenched out of context by you, it means something quite different from what the writer intended, which is below:-

There is still much to be outraged about in our post-modernist society; hate crimes against the LGBT community are increasing, the sale of slaves in Libya has persisted without intervention, the gender pay gap is so large that the ethnicity pay gap has been told to wait its turn, ***ual predators are the kings of Hollywood, black men in the US are given sentences that are 19% longer than their white counterparts when convicted of the same crime and it is still illegal to be gay in more than 70 countries.

What she goes on to say is that the furore over the H and M ad is totally misplaced in the order of things to be upset about. All of the above (which includes old rich men controlling young women at men-only parties) DESERVE expressions of outrage.
    Would you be more OUTRAGED Sidney if we Tories brought back the rope? Christ I bet you would ..... something to bleat about then eh? Just to rub it in a little further, I see the Donald is meeting Mr Mueller very soon. His nemesis in your opinion. I await your views after this meeting to see if your dreams of an impeachment are fading. Also the D is coming to England later this year and has promised a very very big trading agreement will be launched. Seems to me Sidney your anti capitalistic views will collapse around you and Mr Donald will walk into a second term, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    They're only 'acting like fools' because they've been found out. No, Beechy, you are right - it's not a crime story. It's a story about the institutional ***ism that dwells in men-only organisations. All too common among saddos in my own age group, (that's 60 - 80 years)
    Can't beat the freemasons Sidney.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I suppose I'm done in the sense that I don't need to be active making a few quid on the side.

I've earned the right to do exactly as I please.
    Would you like to own a proven grade 1 horse my ode? Will cost a little more than your luxurious Cuban holiday. Let me know and I'll put the word out. You must have earned a few mill to do as you want. I worship self earned money and even at my age have expensive tastes so I like the odd deal to pay for my entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Would you like to own a proven grade 1 horse my ode? Will cost a little more than your luxurious Cuban holiday. Let me know and I'll put the word out. You must have earned a few mill to do as you want. I worship self earned money and even at my age have expensive tastes so I like the odd deal to pay for my entertainment.
    We're getting there slowly but surely, sooner or later he'll work up the courage and just come out with it: I can do and say what I want because I'm richer than you!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Would you like to own a proven grade 1 horse my ode? Will cost a little more than your luxurious Cuban holiday. Let me know and I'll put the word out. You must have earned a few mill to do as you want.
    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I've part owned not only a Grade 1 winner over the jumps, but also the winners of several Group 1 races on the flat where the real money is, including the highest rated older filly in the World in 2004 and 2005. The latest Group 1 winner I part-owned was recently sold for £6.3 million. Although my ownership interest was little more than a hair on the tail, I got close to the full experience for a fraction of the cost.

Like Thordar, I'm quite heartened by the majority of posts in this thread. And its also heartening to see that those with archaic views are themselves, in the main, older posters. Times are changing. At last.

I think one point is really simple. No man has the right under any circumstances to touch a woman if she doesn't want to be touched. That includes women dressed however they choose (shorter skirts dont, and never did, equal consent to anything by the way). That's not PC, lefty, or any other excuse apologists want to trot out. It is how a decent human being should behave. Those on here who dismiss some pretty appalling behaviour should perhaps try putting names and faces to the women this happens to. Your daughters, your granddaughters, your sisters, your wives.... Not quite so easy to dismiss then is it?

Just to go back to Phil Neville for a moment. Here is one of his tweets which seems to have gone unnoticed by many, which is strange as it is the most offensive of all.

“Relax I’m back chilled – just battered the wife!!! Feel better now!”

Two women a week are killed by partners/ex-partners each year and 1,300,000 a year are victims of domestic violence. For him to joke about this subject and then be appointed manager of the England Women's team beggars belief. I despair of the FA, which I suspect is inhabited in the main by older men who dont really understand the modern world in which that sort of comment would be deemed unacceptable by the vast majority of us.

There should be no place for Neville as manager of a national team.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    No man has the right under any circumstances to touch a woman if she doesn't want to be touched.
    A simple statement, but hits the nail firmly on the head. Whatever job a woman takes, however she chooses to dress, wherever she is at the time, this statement applies in full. Those who try and dismiss it as 'just a bloke having a laugh', or 'it raised a lot of money for charity' is to condone ***ual assault. I suppose the one consolation is that that breed are hopefully becoming extinct, sooner rather than later.

I am getting oldish but I'm fully on the side of women having the right not to be touched. Having 3 daughters tends to focus your mind on that. The thing is though, the people who have dinosaur views on this are largely the same people who have been allowed to go unchallenged on here for a long time spouting their homophobic views. Let's be consistent and pull them up on that too.

People obviously shouldn't be touched inappropriately against their will, that much is certain, however, if they choose to walk into a situation where they know that it is likely and they are being paid to more to compensate for it then I don't see it being as big of an issue as it would be had they gone to their local McDonalds and were treating the staff their in the same manner.

If you play ***ist games you might win yourself ***ist prizes.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast