+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lame excuses.

Lame excuses.

Just read Artell refer to chesterfield as a big club .what a load of s____ ! .He is just making up lame excuses for the lack of ambition at Gresty Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by As it is View Post
    Just read Artell refer to chesterfield as a big club .what a load of s____ ! .He is just making up lame excuses for the lack of ambition at Gresty Rd.
    He is absolutely correct if he is comparing Chesterfield with the Alex. Their gates are greater and although they are struggling this season, they actually have an impressive set of honours, in comparison to our one major trophy. Not a bad "little" haul this:

Third Division (North) champions (2): 1930–31, 1935–36
    Fourth Division champions (currently known as Football League Two) (4): 1969–70, 1984–85, 2010–11, 2013–14
    Third Division Play Off winners (currently known as Football League Two): 1994–95
    Anglo-Scottish Cup winners: 1980–81.
    Football League Trophy winners (1): 2011–12, runners-up (1): 2013–14

Thought we had five trophies not one? One FLT, two play off final victories and two Welsh cups 😆

We're centerfield in the championship?

Quote Originally Posted by paddockrefugee View Post
    Thought we had five trophies not one? One FLT, two play off final victories and two Welsh cups 😆
    Yes and a good time in the championship with an academy to be proud of! Where were chesterfield then?

Quote Originally Posted by paddockrefugee View Post
    Thought we had five trophies not one? One FLT, two play off final victories and two Welsh cups ��
    You forgot our FA Cup semi-final. Mind you, Chesterfield did manage that not so long ago. I know that the stats mentioned a play-off win, but basically I was referring to the 6 occasions when they finished FIRST. League champions 6 times is good going. Credit where it is due, Chesterfield are a bigger club than the Alex, IMO. However, I still think that the Alex are a BETTER club than the Spirites.

Yes and a good time in the championship with an academy to be proud of! Where were chesterfield then?
    See my post above. You are correct. Alex did very well to spend that time in the 2nd tier and surprised a lot of people. I am proud of their achievements under Dario, as I was around before those times, when Crewe were very unfashionable. I see the Championship times as a period of time when we over-achieved. That is not a criticism, but just a reality check in my eyes. Nothing wrong in having an opinion in thinking that one particular club is a big club, surely? After all, beauty is supposed to be in the eyes of the beholder.

[QUOTE=As it is;38774326]Just read Artell refer to chesterfield as a big club .what a load of s____ ! .He is just making up lame excuses for the lack of ambition at Gresty Rd.[/QUO
    Seems to go along with what I wrote on the 15th in reply to Mike SB's post: "Try posting something like or similar to: "One day I would like to see us being promoted to the Premier division, winning the F.A. Cup or even playing in the Championship as an established team on a regular basis". Having been born and raised in the town (and by the way having lost a couple of teeth supporting this team), I'm certain the reaction to this post (if any) will say it all.... " Needles to say the lack of response met my expectations.

[QUOTE=crewebacca;38775857]
    Just read Artell refer to chesterfield as a big club .what a load of s____ ! .He is just making up lame excuses for the lack of ambition at Gresty Rd.[/QUO
    Seems to go along with what I wrote on the 15th in reply to Mike SB's post: "Try posting something like or similar to: "One day I would like to see us being promoted to the Premier division, winning the F.A. Cup or even playing in the Championship as an established team on a regular basis". Having been born and raised in the town (and by the way having lost a couple of teeth supporting this team), I'm certain the reaction to this post (if any) will say it all.... " Needles to say the lack of response met my expectations.
    Sorry if the lack of response needled you. Hope this makes up for it, if you get my point!

[QUOTE=jimmyboldon;38775901]
    Quote Originally Posted by crewebacca View Post
    Sorry if the lack of response needled you. Hope this makes up for it, if you get my point!
    Well that's me finished, another one bites the dust. Goodbye and best of luck everybody.

[QUOTE=crewebacca;38776643]
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post

Well that's me finished, another one bites the dust. Goodbye and best of luck everybody.
    You obviously didn't get my point. It was tongue in cheek re your typo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast