+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I knew it wouldn’t be long before we had a Shinnie is pysh thread.

The boy McKenna would maybe be better off going to Hull,if he stays here long enough he will be classed as shyte as well.
    He's a carthorse.

I knew it wouldn’t be long before we had a Shinnie is pysh thread.

The boy McKenna would maybe be better off going to Hull,if he stays here long enough he will be classed as shyte as well.
    As the OP says Shinnie is not bad just that as a captain he is not doing his job especially in the big games. He surely is the bookings king though. A captain would realise getting yourself booked every week will eventually have an adverse affect on the team.

Aberdeen sides captained by Russel Anderson never put shyte performances in like tonight?
    Aberdeen teams over the years always put in ****e performances,doesn't mean the captain is to blame? Just saying that,you cant win on this forum,apparently russell anderson was the dogs *******s as captain and when pointed out that he wasnt ****e as captain he's still pointed out as being captain when we've played ****e,mental

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Poor form, rash and overly helter-skelter at times but I'd certainly never accusing him of hiding or bottling it??
    He's simply not good enough to cover the absence of any proper midfielders. (Edit:in games against the gruesome twosome).
    You are right. I rated him higher than he probably is and it only gets highlighted against better opposition. Willo Flood in many respects. I still think he would be best served in defence at left back instead of our only remaining player from a best forgotten time.

The problem is, in that formation of the sitting two, Shinnie needs somebody that compliments him, like a sitter to his energy.
    It works against at poorer teams with O'Connor.
    It can sometimes work with McLean if we have a bunch of the ball.
    Shinnie and McLean when a team presses us high, just nae use.

I am sticking up for Shinnie...he never hides and always looks for the ball. Never afraid to take a pass and generally tries to get us going. He has difficulty like anyone else during games sometimes but still tries very hard to get himself back playing better.
    I honestly think left back is his strongest position and if we could get a decent midfielder then I believe we would strengthen. Considine is no modern day left back and is definitely constantly a weak link during bigger matches where he gets tested. Shinnie is definitely more suited to that role.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    The problem is, in that formation of the sitting two, Shinnie needs somebody that compliments him, like a sitter to his energy.
    It works against at poorer teams with O'Connor.
    It can sometimes work with McLean if we have a bunch of the ball.
    Shinnie and McLean when a team presses us high, just nae use.
    Spot on.

As an addition, I've seen Shinnie play in midfield and left back for us and have always thought we get more out of him in midfield and you've made a good point about the need for a sitter beside him.

The need to replace Considine does not mean we need to lose Shinnie's dynamism from midfield

Can't believe this thread. There are 10 other starters in the team more worthy than chastisement than him

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Now suspended for the Celtic games
    Saves him being involved in another McInnes sh@tebag capitulation. Lucky him I say

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Aberdeen teams over the years always put in ****e performances,doesn't mean the captain is to blame? Just saying that,you cant win on this forum,apparently russell anderson was the dogs *******s as captain and when pointed out that he wasnt ****e as captain he's still pointed out as being captain when we've played ****e,mental
    First of all I think Russell Anderson was a great player for us, but in his time as Aberdeen captain his team put in some terrible performances in big games. Im not necessarily talking about OF games but he was the captain in cup games against the likes of Hibs, Hearts and Dundee Utd etc which were classed as big games at the time and we never showed up in those games like last night.

Im not saying it was all down to Russell Anderson that we lost those games but he didn't play well in most of them, a bit harsh on him maybe but its also a bit harsh on Shinnie expecting a lot more from him because he is captain.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast