+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Can't believe this thread. There are 10 other starters in the team more worthy than chastisement than him
    I wasnt starting the thread to have a dig at Shinnie, only that recently he has been off the boil and its out of character. He has shown many times that he is more than capable of being captain and he deserved to be made it when Jack snaked off. It doesnt void him of criticism though and while i know there are many more players who play worse, he is captain and so he will have to take some criticism where its due.

All i was stating was that he hasn't been playing at his usual level, that we have become accustomed to and want folks thoughts on why. Playing out of position hasn't helped and constant rearranging of tactics for games against Sevco and Celtic is very likely not helping either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I wasnt starting the thread to have a dig at Shinnie, only that recently he has been off the boil and its out of character. He has shown many times that he is more than capable of being captain and he deserved to be made it when Jack snaked off. It doesnt void him of criticism though and while i know there are many more players who play worse, he is captain and so he will have to take some criticism where its due.

All i was stating was that he hasn't been playing at his usual level, that we have become accustomed to and want folks thoughts on why. Playing out of position hasn't helped and constant rearranging of tactics for games against Sevco and Celtic is very likely not helping either.
    I was thinking this last night watching him running all over the pitch again.
    Personally, i think that it is down to him having to cover so much for the inadequacies of the midfield around him. Rather than just doing his job, he is being run ragged trying to make up for nobody else putting in a tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Poor form, rash and overly helter-skelter at times but I'd certainly never accusing him of hiding or bottling it??
    He's simply not good enough to cover the absence of any proper midfielders. (Edit:in games against the gruesome twosome).
    I think Shinnie will be delighted to see the back of McLean as he is forced to far too much of the dirty work in midfield on his own and it probably has led to some of the bookings. We need a bit of steel in midfield. A Simmie or Cooper type would do the trick. When we play the OF we get overrun in midfield with obvious results and it has been happening for a while. DM does not seem to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I think Shinnie will be delighted to see the back of McLean as he is forced to far too much of the dirty work in midfield on his own and it probably has led to some of the bookings. We need a bit of steel in midfield. A Simmie or Cooper type would do the trick. When we play the OF we get overrun in midfield with obvious results and it has been happening for a while. DM does not seem to see it.
    Exactly, McLean is a far too much of a pansy to be in a 2 man midfield in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Hopefully Chidi will take some of the pressure off Shinnie if he ever gets his work permit.
    Last edited by Mr_Grieves; 25-01-2018 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Sh1te spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Now suspended for the Hibs and Celtic games
    Watched Partick against the glesga Minks on Tuesday and Partick looked pretty decent. Maybe the Minks had an off game but Partick were unlucky in the end.

Shinnie is the least of our worries, however I did think he was very poor last night.

In no way or shape is he a bottler or does he hide on the pitch, on the contrary he might be too fired up and too eager to get stuck in or play the ball quickly.

Channeling his hunger, desire and aggression is the key to him performing at a high level.

Still in the 'wasted at LB' camp, would rather he was in the middle of the park.

Have to say I thought Shinnie had a poor game again today. Mulumbu was all over him (still don't understand why someone like him is playing for Killie incidentally given he's only just turned 31, which isn't old for a defensive midfielder).

Man of the match by a f'uckin mile.

Bullied Shinnie all over the park.

EXACTLY the type of player we need in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Man of the match by a f'uckin mile.

Bullied Shinnie all over the park.

EXACTLY the type of player we need in midfield.
    Man of the match? Really? I didnt think much of him today to be honest,mcginn MOTM by a f' ucking mile

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Man of the match? Really? I didnt think much of him today to be honest,mcginn MOTM by a f' ucking mile
    Mulumbu didn't do much today at all. Jones was by far their best player, especially with the amount of space we were giving him in the 1st half.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast