+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: F@cking Slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayer

F@cking Slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayer

The greatest metal band ever and one of my favourite and most seen bands Slayer are to retire

A part of me has just died

Properly gutted.

Might have to take a few shows on when the Euro leg of the final tour is announced

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...l-tour-w515771

Sad news indeed - first five albums are legendary. Never the same without Hanneman though. Don't really have much interest in a band led by Kerry King as he was responsible for that horrible nu-metal phase they went through.

Dead Skin Mask is one of the greatest metal songs ever written

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_pyI4FhO6U

Here it is from Donington 1992(great line up in general that year)

I saw them at Donington last year for the 13th time and the were on fire. The best id had ever seen them. In the top 3 gigs I have ever seen. Jaw dropping stuff.

Seasons was easily my favourite album when I was first getting into them. Skeletons of Society and the title track are also great.

Show No Mercy is probably my favourite Metal album of all time. The style is a bit derivative of NWOBHM but the album is pretty much Heavy Metal distilled to pure essence.

Hell Awaits also seems to get overlooked. Both their most extreme album but also has progressive elements thrown in all over the place. Kill Again and At Dawn They Sleep are f*cking amazing.

Divine Intervention is vastly under rated too. From there backward are all fantastic albums]

I might have to carve slayer into my wrists and back in salute them

or even my heid

My favourite graffiti ever

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

My favourite graffiti ever
    FFS class band seen many a time but not fir aboot twenty years though think I last seen them when Machine Heid appeared they destroyed the Barras and then Slayer came on and wrecked the remnants one brutal gig .

Ace at Donington in 91 or 92 ****ing superb still hae a bootleg awf that last Cd was good but compared tae the 1st five they could never recapture that (black) magick

92 min

Awesome news!!!!!!!!

Any more metal bands retiring??
    Less grease and depression in the world.

Cheers pac

Tremendous band will definatly be going to at least 1 farewell tour. Seen them 3 times 1st being a joint headline tour with Slipknot with support from Mastodon and Hatebreed. My band used to do a cover of Disciple, id imagine it sounded terrible in small bars haha