+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why do i feel underwhelmed by rafas potentials

why do i feel underwhelmed by rafas potentials

being linked with people never heard of
    dont look great
    and the ones he has signed havent come good maybe one

surely wit the money we have been promised
    the sale of mitro staivet and a couple of others we could buy a 30 mill player tat will boost moral

do we need to be wasting money at this point on a goalie ??

we need goals

Personally I wouldn't allow Rafa to spend money except for loans.
    January isn't the time to be buying players for a relegation scrap.

Plus Rafa's playing the I am in terms of a new contract and as much as I'd like him to go, I don't think the club should allow him to buy players if his heart isn't set on staying.

At least if Rafa got a £20m striker he wouldn't have the excuse for losing games that we've only got a £5m striker. If he's been correctly reported by the Chronicle he's already got 'Brighton and Huddersfield have an advantage over us because they've got more settled squads' and 'Swansea and other bottom clubs have an advantage over us because they've got more PL experienced players.' You get the feeling that he can see the writing on the wall and is getting us prepared for the worst.

I agree with pboro, let's sell players who never play to raise funds. As I've said, though, on another thread, I'm not sure if Ashley has told Rafa you've got £20m plus player sales to spend or £20m minus player sales i.e. if the intention is that the net spend is meant to be reduced by player sales. If it's the former, I'd say like pboro buy a £30m striker with PL experience, because Rafa clearly sets a lot of store in getting PL experience. Even if he's not prepared to sell until sales are arranged for the players mentioned, surely the deals can be arranged so that they all occur together. There's only 5 days left. If we could get him for the money, and he'd come, I'd go for Sturridge. I know his fitness is a gamble but buying an unknown from the Dutch league is also a gamble. He could turn out to be another Mitrovic or, even worse, a Riviere. If not Sturridge another PL striker. If that's not possible, so be it -whoever we can get.

If he turns out to be good, don't rotate him with Joselu. Like Aguero play him every game. I better say that he won't be an Aguero otherwise someone will post on this thread that I can't expect that quality for £20m or even £30m.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    being linked with people never heard of
    dont look great
    and the ones he has signed havent come good maybe one

surely wit the money we have been promised
    the sale of mitro staivet and a couple of others we could buy a 30 mill player tat will boost moral

do we need to be wasting money at this point on a goalie ??

we need goals
    You feel underwhelmed because fatso failed to give Rafa the funds to buy the players needed in the last transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    you feel underwhelmed because fatso failed to give rafa the funds to buy the players needed in the last transfer window.
    even the ones he did are completly underwhelming

Aside from Murphy, It would have been interesting to see his first choice players.

Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    aside from murphy, it would have been interesting to see his first choice players.
    was murphy his first choice ?was he for the first team

truth is we dont know who rafa wants
    he has been after so many goalies if he approached you now you would tell him to pheck off
    a bit like when you was at school and was always the last lad to get picked

truth is the ones he has wasted money on because lets face it that is what he has done if they arent his first choices and he isnt playing them then why waste the money on getting in numbers
    buy quality

we have enough dead wood who can play when the quality gets injured

he hasnt a clue

he looks like a really bad interior designer
    who goes in your house and says right you need a sofa a table a side board soem carpet new blinds
    then goes and gets them and none of them match or do what you want
    you may as well buy what you want and need and when it becomes available

apart from the lad in the middle none has done enought to be any better than what we had in the fizzy,so why buy thenm

i wouldnt give him the money to buy gloves in a snow storm
    he would come back with fingerless driving mittens as they didnt have any thermal gloves in stock untill tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    was murphy his first choice ?was he for the first team

truth is we dont know who rafa wants
    he has been after so many goalies if he approached you now you would tell him to pheck off
    a bit like when you was at school and was always the last lad to get picked

truth is the ones he has wasted money on because lets face it that is what he has done if they arent his first choices and he isnt playing them then why waste the money on getting in numbers
    buy quality

we have enough dead wood who can play when the quality gets injured

he hasnt a clue

he looks like a really bad interior designer
    who goes in your house and says right you need a sofa a table a side board soem carpet new blinds
    then goes and gets them and none of them match or do what you want
    you may as well buy what you want and need and when it becomes available

apart from the lad in the middle none has done enought to be any better than what we had in the fizzy,so why buy thenm

i wouldnt give him the money to buy gloves in a snow storm
    he would come back with fingerless driving mittens as they didnt have any thermal gloves in stock untill tomorrow
    Compare the amount of money he has had to spend against his peers & bear in mind he is still relatively new to the job (1 & a bit years.With all due respect to shoppers at Aldi - that has been his only available market NOT Harrods.Granted there are bargain gems at Aldi & he has pulled one out in the form of Murphy.Shearer has hit the nail on the head........ our transfer record dates back to 2005 at the princely sum of 16m.Judge our world class manager when he is on a level playing field..... not with the likes of the 2 Manchester clubs/Chelski/Arsenal et al but with Brighton/Southampton West Ham etc. It is you who is clueless to criticise Rafa in the current climate.Judge him when we have made 2/3 world record signings at around 15 - 20m !!!!!!!!

To be fair Jorgensen is an International and looks a lot more mobile and better in the air than Mitrovic,only time will tell if he an do it in the Prem.

Pboro, you seem to be in a permanent state of underwhelmedness, especially when it comes to all things Newcastle. I really don't know why you bother, unless you enjoy the pain. Its funny that whenever you post, a lot of times Ghost posts immediately after, usually reiterating what you have just said, funny that ????????????????????? Just out of curiosity who would you have as manager of nufc if you had the choice?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)