+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do transfer targets depend on Swansea result?

Do transfer targets depend on Swansea result?

Just a thought, I wonder if we are waiting on the Swansea result to who we try and get over the line transfer wise? I imagine we will have at least an increase in revenue of 100k if we get through and potentially a huge amount more if we draw a top prem team away. My gut says no as the window closes next week but I don't think it does for loans and a windfall would fund a higher waged player if needed.

It’s what Stallard was saying before Tuesdays game. I posted it on my way back.
    Let’s say we have a budget of 200k, wages and possible transfer fee, we get a player in who is a smidge above average. Let’s say we win against Swansea and Hardy doubles the above figure. Is it better to invest 400k in one top player or 2 above average players?
    I suppose it depends massively on who has been targeted and whether the current budget allows us to go for our No.1 target or that is dependant in tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Just a thought, I wonder if we are waiting on the Swansea result to who we try and get over the line transfer wise? I imagine we will have at least an increase in revenue of 100k if we get through and potentially a huge amount more if we draw a top prem team away. My gut says no as the window closes next week but I don't think it does for loans and a windfall would fund a higher waged player if needed.
    The loan window closes on Wednesday as well. We will live or die on the business we do in the next 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It’s what Stallard was saying before Tuesdays game. I posted it on my way back.
    Let’s say we have a budget of 200k, wages and possible transfer fee, we get a player in who is a smidge above average. Let’s say we win against Swansea and Hardy doubles the above figure. Is it better to invest 400k in one top player or 2 above average players?
    I suppose it depends massively on who has been targeted and whether the current budget allows us to go for our No.1 target or that is dependant in tomorrow.
    Have to say I am totally confused now after reading your post.

Right now, I'm thinking there may well be NO business. Defeat tomorrow and I make that a near certainty. However, I'm fairly confident Notts can pull off a draw so that's more gate money.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Right now, I'm thinking there may well be NO business. Defeat tomorrow and I make that a near certainty
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with you, sid.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with you, sid.
    If that turns out to be the case then we will start sliding down the league so then the gates will decrease.

We have to bring at least 2 players in as we have let 3-4 go out in the last few weeks we would need to have zero injuries to put a decent team on the pitch.

I think we will sign a few players by Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Right now, I'm thinking there may well be NO business.
    Based on what?

Live on telly against Swansea, Crewe and Chesterfield, it's a grand chance to impress floaters, we could be flushed with success or back to bog standard.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    If that turns out to be the case then we will start sliding down the league so then the gates will decrease.

We have to bring at least 2 players in as we have let 3-4 go out in the last few weeks we would need to have zero injuries to put a decent team on the pitch.

I think we will sign a few players by Monday.
    Should Notts transfer dealings be based on the outcome of one game ?

I get the extra revenue bit but there are 3 working days left to sort out the glaring shortcomings of the team.

Can we afford to be saying - if we get through let's call target A if we don't let's call target B

A dangerous game in my humble opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast