+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Curtis to Wycombe on Loan

Curtis to Wycombe on Loan

Thompson loaned out for the rest of the season.

Hope he gets some playing time. Bit surprised that Wycombe have come in for him - do they have injuries?

He could very well be higher in the league than us soon!

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...-wycombe-loan/

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Thompson loaned out for the rest of the season.

Hope he gets some playing time. Bit surprised that Wycombe have come in for him - do they have injuries?

He could very well be higher in the league than us soon!

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...-wycombe-loan/
    I now understand why you chose the handle of Domdom.

Play him in centre mid and they've got a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Play him in centre mid and they've got a good player.
    Could Curtis and Hewitt have done a similar job to Yates and Hewitt???? Mmmmmmmmm, thus avoiding our kamikaze 4-1-2-2-1???

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Could Curtis and Hewitt have done a similar job to Yates and Hewitt???? Mmmmmmmmm, thus avoiding our kamikaze 4-1-2-2-1???
    I think he could. I'm not saying he's everything Yates was by any means, but a couple of seasons ago Curtis Thompson showed that playing in a central midfield two was his best position. Alongside Gary Liddle and then Josh Vela (when Liddle got injured) he played a big part in the team that battled successfully to keep us in League One. Shaun Derry admitted that until he had tried Curtis in centre midfield, he had him marked down as a player to be released that summer, but instead he gave him a new deal.

What we know from Yates and Hewitt (and Bishop and Ravenhill before them) is that constant energy, hard work and defensive awareness are what's needed if you play two central midfielders in League Two, and Curtis offers all of those. He's not the greatest on the ball (although he was improving before his injury), but that's not what's important. There are others who can do the creating. I certainly think Curtis has a better chance of doing the job Nolan needs than Husin, Walker or Noble. I wonder if his lack of height is counted against him?