+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumour Mill: Josh Payne from Crawley to Notts?

Rumour Mill: Josh Payne from Crawley to Notts?

Allegedly between us, Franchise FC and Motherwell.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/26...crawley-payne/

Just what we need, "another Midfield player"

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    word for word what i was thinking before i even read your reply

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Typical reaction, but I think we do need another midfield player, we need a dominant ball-winning midfield player. We are definitely overloaded in that area but not with the right type. We have lost the midfield battle in the last couple of games which has cost us dear. We also need to strengthen central defence and the striking options, but we got to second in the table largely on the basis of stopping the opposition playing. We have made it too easy for them in the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Typical reaction, but I think we do need another midfield player, we need a dominant ball-winning midfield player. We are definitely overloaded in that area but not with the right type. We have lost the midfield battle in the last couple of games which has cost us dear. We also need to strengthen central defence and the striking options, but we got to second in the table largely on the basis of stopping the opposition playing. We have made it too easy for them in the last few games.
    Then it seems a pity that we might be wasting a wage bill on unsuitable players.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Then it seems a pity that we might be wasting a wage bill on unsuitable players.
    Something we've been guilty of for years.

Noble is not the player he was before, perhaps more game time needed

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Noble is not the player he was before, perhaps more game time needed
    Noble never was the player some on here thought he was. The odd worldy goal once in a blue moon and 2 decent passes a match. Even his dead ball kicking is barely average.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Curtis Thompson wasn't given enough of a chance imo although I guess KN saw him in training so I'll trust his judgement

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Noble never was the player some on here thought he was. The odd worldy goal once in a blue moon and 2 decent passes a match. Even his dead ball kicking is barely average.
    Completely agree. I was pleased to see the back of him when he went to FGR, mainly for his disciplinary record, but also for the reasons you state. The only way I'll be convinced otherwise if he proves he can replace Yates and play in a two-man midfield with Elliott Hewitt. If not, then he's got no business being here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast